Natasja Saad (professionally known as Natasja or Little T) was a Sudanese-Danish dancehall/ConsciousHipHop/reggae artist. A practising Muslim, she not only faced racism and islamophobia from white Danes, but was also bashed by radical Muslims for refusing to be TheFundamentalist, instead being an outspoken leftist and feminist. She also refused to write the homophobic lyrics common in the dancehall scene.
While she was alive, she was very underground in Denmark, although [[GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff Jamaicans loved her]]. After her death by car crash, though, she [[DeadArtistsAreBetter got extremely popular]].
!!Natasja and her music provides examples of:
* AmbiguouslyBrown: Lampshaded in "I Danmark Er Jeg Født" where she mockingly imitates people asking her if she's from India.
* BilingualBonus: She was fluent in Jamaican Patois. This somethimes appears in her songs.
* EthicalSlut: "Gør Det". ("Do It" in English)
* HalfBreedDiscrimination: "I Danmark Er Jeg Født". Sadly, this is often TruthInTelevision for Danes of Arab/African descent. The (translated) closing lines probably say it best:
->I know exactly where I stand
->In Sudan, I'm a pale-face
->And in Denmark, the black sheep
* HiddenDepths: Her lyrics are reminiscent of RageAgainstTheMachine, but she was actually a religious Muslim, as well.
* PoesLaw: The song "Gi' Mig Danmark Tilbage" ("Give Me Denmark Back")'s title sounds like the song is nationalistic, when it's really the opposit (see below). This was Exploited by the Danish People's Party who had "Give Us Denmark Back" as a slogan for a while (they, of course, denied it having anything to do with the song). Natasja was death then, but it was taken to court by people aroung her. They didn't win.
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: "Gi' Mig Danmark Tilbage" ("Give Me Denmark Back") is a rapid-fire rant against the Danish People's Party.
* YouGoGirl: Apparently, as of "I Danmark Er Jeg Født" ("In Denmark I Was Born"), she dreamed of reforming Sudan and turning it into an egalitarian country. "Full gallop through the hot desert wind/But the horse is stolen, bought by bin Laden/I win the race as the first woman/And Sudan is rejoicing"
* TheStoner: She was rather vocal about smoking weed. [[http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/28B45A1E-AD72-4C94-B22B-4F59A76B44B0/952427/30745be404a04687a35290d344570888_natasja.jpg Just look at this.]]
* SpellMyNameWithAnS: Natasja is a common Danish spelling of Natasha.
* TomboyAndGirlyGirl: With [[http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2009-03/1237250646_km.jpg Karen Mukupa]].