[[caption-width-right:345:Motion City Soundtrack (From left to right: Tony, Jesse, Matt, Justin, Josh)]]
Motion City Soundtrack is a Minneapolis-based pop-punk band, founded in 1997. The band is comprised of founding members Justin Pierre (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Joshua Cain (lead guitar, backing vocals), as well as Matthew Taylor (bass guitar, backing vocals), Jesse Johnson (synthesizer, keyboard, [[TheLastOfTheseIsNotLikeTheOthers headbanging]]), and Claudio Rivera (drums). They have so far released five albums: ''I Am the Movie'' (2002), ''Commit This to Memory'' (2005), ''Even if It Kills Me'' (2007), and ''My Dinosaur Life'' (2010); their fifth album, ''Go'', was released in June 2012. MCS combines rock music and Moog synthesizers, making for a unique sound. Their songs are also notable for their quirky (and sometimes [[ClusterFBomb pottymouthed]]) lyrics. WordOfGod says that the band can be categorized as Scrabble-rock, because of Pierre's love for big words.
* BookEnds: Used hauntingly in "Happy Anniversary". ("I can feel it in my bones tonight...")
* CloudCuckoolander: Justin isn't weird, he's just, uh, quirky.
* ClusterFBomb: Several songs, but most prominently "@!#?@!".
** "@!#?@!" is also an interesting case of LampshadeHanging--he's actually ''telling off'' a group of [[JerkAss jerks]] [[HypocriticalHumor for being foul-mouthed]].
--> ''You all need to go away''
--> ''you motherfuckers!''
--> ''You all need to leave me and my sensitive homeboys alone''
** As mentioned above, "@!#?@!."
** As well as "[[ClusterFBomb LG FUAD]]" for using a line from another song:
-->''I want to thank you for being a part of my''
-->''[[ShoutOut "forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old"]]''
-->''Is it legal to do this?''
-->''I surely don't know''
* LongRunnerLineUp: They've had the same line-up since 2002.
** Until 2013 when drummer Tony Thaxton left.
* LoveNostalgiaSong: A few, including "Last Night" and "Fell in Love Without You."
* MessyHair: Justin Pierre's.
* ScienceFair: The video for "Her Words Destroyed My Planet".