->''Some days the reaper ain't looking so grim; some days the past is the only mine that has gold.''
->--"Nobody's Accusing You (Of Having A Good Time)" ''Hot Hot Heat''
Hot Hot Heat are a [[NewWaveMusic new-wavy]], [[CanadianMusic Canadian]] dance-punk band from Victoria, British Columbia formed in [[TheNineties 1999]]. They're known for their catchy, frantic songs and witty lyrics. Although not overtly popular in the mainstream, they've had a few chart-climbing singles and maintain a dedicated fanbase. ''Extremely'' hook-laden songs await.
Their current line-up is:
* Steve Bays (vocals and keyboards)
* Paul Hawley (drums)
* Parker Bossley (bass)
* Luke Paquin (guitar)
Former members include:
* Dustin Hawthorne
* Matthew Marnik
* Jimmy Sweet
* Dante De[==]Caro
* ''Scenes One Through Thirteen'' - 2002
* ''Make Up The Breakdown'' - 2002
* ''Elevator'' - 2005
* ''Happiness Ltd.'' - 2007
* ''Future Breeds'' - 2010
!! This band provides examples of:
* BlackSheepHit: Previously, fans had loved HotHotHeat for their harder, dance-punk songs. Their largest hit, "Middle of Nowhere" was rather pop.
* BreakupSong: ''Happiness Ltd.'' was basically a breakup album.
* CreatorBacklash: Former member, Dustin Hawthorne once said of the band's biggest hit, "Middle of Nowhere", "I hate ('Middle of Nowhere') and I wish it was never written. I can't deny that it definitely did something good for our career, for sure. But, to me, it's adult contemporary. And it's kind of funny to me, because I grew up playing punk and here I am playing this jackass-sounding song."
* EarWorm: Too many songs to list.
* EpicRiff: A few times, notably "Middle of Nowhere" and "Bandages".
* FaceOfTheBand: The band has gone through a lot of line-up changes, but fans seem to always remember Steve Bays. Although there [[WildHair may be a]] [[MrFanservice reason for this]].
* MemeticMutation[=/=]RunningGag: Nobody can understand the lyrics to [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3N9iSBanTs "Bandages"]]. Maybe they are ''"[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTspigQ4gg sandwiches, sandwiches, sandwiches]]"''? To quote a band member, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTspigQ4gg "That's what you're saying? I always wondered what the lyrics were to this song..."]]
* MessyHair: Steve Bays, with all of his unruly ginger curls, certainly counts.
* SanitySlippageSong: "Oh, Goddamit" qualifies. ''"Oh, oh goddamit, I think I've lost it. Oh goddammit - I think I've lost you."''
* SesameStreetCred: They popped up for an episode of ''Series/YoGabbaGabba''.
* SignatureStyle: Steve Bays' voice has led to him being described as a "headlong yelper" by ''Rolling Stone Magazine''.
* SillyLoveSongs: Love songs? Yeah. But the silly part was averted for most of their career, with their first silly, happy love song coming out in 2010.
* WanderlustSong: "This Town" is all about leaving town.