->''Some days the reaper ain't looking so grim; some days the past is the only mine that has gold.''
->--"Nobody's Accusing You (Of Having A Good Time)" ''Hot Hot Heat''
Hot Hot Heat are a [[NewWaveMusic new-wavy]], [[CanadianMusic Canadian]] dance-punk band from Victoria, British Columbia formed in [[TheNineties 1999]]. They're known for their catchy, frantic songs and witty lyrics. Although not overtly popular in the mainstream, they've had a few chart-climbing singles and maintain a dedicated fanbase. ''Extremely'' hook-laden songs await.
Their current line-up is:
* Steve Bays (vocals and keyboards)
* Paul Hawley (drums)
* Parker Bossley (bass)
* Luke Paquin (guitar)
Former members include:
* Dustin Hawthorne
* Matthew Marnik
* Jimmy Sweet
* Dante De[==]Caro
* ''Scenes One Through Thirteen'' - 2002
* ''Make Up The Breakdown'' - 2002
* ''Elevator'' - 2005
* ''Happiness Ltd.'' - 2007
* ''Future Breeds'' - 2010
!! This band provides examples of:
* BreakupSong: ''Happiness Ltd.'' was basically a breakup album.
* MessyHair: Steve Bays, with all of his unruly ginger curls, certainly counts.
* SanitySlippageSong: "Oh, Goddamit" qualifies. ''"Oh, oh goddamit, I think I've lost it. Oh goddammit - I think I've lost you."''
* SesameStreetCred: They popped up for an episode of ''Series/YoGabbaGabba''.
* SignatureStyle: Steve Bays' voice has led to him being described as a "headlong yelper" by ''Rolling Stone Magazine''.
* SillyLoveSongs: Love songs? Yeah. But the silly part was averted for most of their career, with their first silly, happy love song coming out in 2010.
* WanderlustSong: "This Town" is all about leaving town.