->''Tomorrow we can drive around this town,\\
And let the cops chase us around,\\
The past is gone but something might be found to take its place,\\
Gin Blossoms is an American PowerPop band formed in 1987, in Tempe, Arizona. They took their name from a photo of W.C. Fields which bore the caption "W.C. Fields with gin blossoms", referring to what appeared to be the actor's gin-ravaged nose, but was actually a skin condition known as rosacea. They hit it big in 1993, when the singles "Hey Jealousy", "Found Out About You", "Allison Road" and "Until I Fall Away" from their 1992 album ''New Miserable Experience'' all became major pop and rock radio hits.
Founding guitarist and songwriter Doug Hopkins killed himself 1993, shortly after he had been dismissed from the band. The band broke up in 1997 after their third album ''Congratulations...I'm Sorry'', but reformed in the mid-2000s.
* ''Dusted'' (1989)
* ''New Miserable Experience'' (1992)
* ''Congratulations...I'm Sorry'' (1996)
* ''Major Lodge Victory'' (2006)
* ''No Chocolate Cake'' (2010)
!!This band and their music contain examples of:
* LyricalDissonance: Jangly, up-tempo songs about depression and alcoholism.
* MohsScaleOfRockAndMetalHardness: somewhere in the 3-5 range.
* MoodWhiplash: The band's second major label album, ''Congratulations...I'm Sorry'', is named for the the band dealing with simultaneously being congratulated on becoming successful with their first major label album ''New Miserable Experience'' while at the same time having people express sympathy for Hopkin's tragic death.
* ShoutOut: to people and places in the Tempe area; the song ''Mrs. Rita'' is about a local psychic.
* YourCheatingHeart: "Found Out About You" is a very emotionally bleak song about this.