[[caption-width-right:358:Left to right: Casey, Hensley, Schmidt, King, Schwindt, Regan, Maxwell]]
->''We're seven drunken pirates''
->''We're the seven deadly sins''
--> -- '''Flogging Molly''', "Seven Deadly Sins".
Flogging Molly is a celtic [[PunkRock punk]] band from Los Angeles. They formed in 1997, due to a dispute between vocalist Dave King and Creator/EpicRecords. Epic refused to let him use traditional Irish instruments in his music, causing him to leave the label to form a band with fiddle player Bridget Ragan.
King and Ragan worked to find five more members. Eventually guitarist Dennis Casey, bassist Nathan Maxwell, Drummer George Schwindt, mandolin player Bob Schmidt, and accordion player Matt Hensley joined, completing the seven-piece band. Every Monday the band played at a club called Molly Malone's, which prompted them to name their band Flogging Molly.
The band was originally signed to SideOneDummy Records, but their most recent album, ''Speed of Darkness'', was released on their own label, Borstal Beat Records. The band's music is heavily influenced by politics, and Irish culture and history, as can be seen in the songs "Don't Shut 'Em Down" and "Drunken Lullabies" respectively. In 2004 the band started doing a yearly tour called the "Green 17" tour, which still goes on to this day. They have currently released five albums and are still actively making music and playing live shows.
* 1997 - ''Alive Behind The Green Door'' (live album)
* 2000 - ''Swagger''
* 2002 - ''Drunken Lullabies''
* 2004 - ''Within a Mile of Home''
* 2006 - ''Whiskey on a Sunday'' (live album)
* 2007 - ''Complete Control Sessions'' (EP)
* 2008 - ''Float''
* 2010 - ''Live at the Greek Theatre'' (live album)
* 2011 - ''Speed of Darkness''
!!Tropes which apply to Flogging Molly:
* DrunkenSong: "Drunken Lullabies" qualifies, although the lyrics go somewhat deeper (see Lyrical Dissonance below).
* EpicRocking: "Black Friday Rule".
* LyricalDissonance: "Drunken Lullabies" is an up-beat, seemingly straightforward drinking song... about the conflict in Northern Ireland.
* NeoclassicalPunkZydecoRockabilly" They create their celtic punk sound by combining punk rock with Irish folk influences.
* PrematureEncapsulation" ''Alive Behind The Green Door'' included the song, "Swagger". Their next album, which was titled, ''Swagger'', did not include the song, but their third album ''Drunken Lullabies'' did include it.
* SevenDeadlySins: The name and focus of one of their songs.
* SubduedSection" "Devil's Dance Floor" constantly has instruments drop out so that only drums, vocals, and the flute are heard.
* VillainSong: "Seven Deadly Sins", a jaunty sea shanty about the personifications of the seven most evil concepts in the world.
* WanderlustSong - Their song [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin "Wanderlust"]].
* WarIsHell: Most of their songs about The Troubles.