Dance/pop band from [[StrokeCountry Derry in Northern Ireland]] active between 1992 and 1997. Originally comprising Peter Cunnah and Al Mackenzie, with Ciaran [=MacCarthy=] providing sax, by the time they made it big, it was effectively Cunnah's solo project, with additional players (including future science communicator Dr Brian Cox on keyboards) brought in to fill out the band for live performances. Cunnah and Mackenzie buried the hatchet in the early 2000s and released a comeback album in 2011, on which Cox also appeared as a special guest.
By far best known for their anthemic "Things Can Only Get Better" which was a UK top twenty hit on three separate occasions, reached number one in 1994 and was adopted as the Labour Party's 1997 election theme.
!Tropes in evidence:
* ArtisticLicenseAstronomy: The "Party Up The World" video presents the Lovell Telescope at Jodrell Bank as a transmitter. It's actually quite the opposite.
* EpisodeFinishesTheTitle: the albums ''On Vol.1'' and ''World''.
* IAmTheBand: Peter Cunnah
* LyricalColdOpen: "Things Can Only Get Better"
* PunnyName: Their singles don't just have Remixes, they have D:Reamixes! "Shoot Me With Your Love" also has a Re:Deamix.
* RepurposedPopSong: "Things Can Only Get Better" adopted as the theme for Labour's 1997 election campaign.
* RereleaseTheSong: "Things Can Only Can Better" and "U R The Best Thing" were each released three times.
* StandardSnippet: "Things Can Only Get Better" is this for Britain in TheNineties, especially where politics is involved.