'''Collective Soul''' are a rock band formed in [[DeepSouth Stockbridge, Georgia]], unintentionally formed by singer Ed Roland in 1992, with musicians he enlisted for a demo he could sell to a publishing company. They first had a hit with the song "Shine", and went on to have a number of other hits.
* ''[[LongTitle Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid]]'' (originally 1993, but was re-released in 1994)
* ''[[SelfTitledAlbum Collective Soul]]'' (1995)
* ''Disciplined Breakdown'' (1997)
* ''Dosage'' (1999)
* ''[[NewSoundAlbum Blender]]'' (2000)
* ''Youth'' (2004)
* ''From The Ground Up (EP)'' (2005)
* ''Afterwords'' (2007)
* ''[[NamesTheSame Collective Soul]]'' (Sometimes called ''Rabbit'') (2009)
* ''See What You Started by Continuing'' (2015)
!! '''''Speak to me in tropes and share''''':
* AbusiveParents: It's implied in the first verse of "She Said" that the mother of the song's protagonist is one of these.
* GratuitousPanning: "Heavy" and "Energy" have this.
* IAmTheBand: Ed Roland is the only member that has been there since 1992.
* Letters2Numbers: The title of their 2001 GreatestHitsAlbum, 7even Year Itch
* LighterAndSofter: Right around ''[[NewSoundAlbum Blender]]''.
* LongTitle: Their debut album ''Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid'' and their latest, ''See What You Started by Continuing''.
* NewSoundAlbum: Their first SelfTitledAlbum had them experiment with a pop sound and it became more obvious on ''Dosage'' and later on. ''Afterwords'' contained an indie-esque sound and their second SelfTitledAlbum combined the LighterAndSofter sound of ''Blender'' with the grungy sound of ''Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid''.
* PerishingAltRockVoice: Ed does this a lot of the time.
* RevolvingDoorBand: Became one after the departure of founding lead guitarist Ross Childress. Since then they've had two new lead guitarists and three new drummers (after founding drummer Shane Evans left). As said above, Ed Roland is the only founding member left, but Will Turpin and Dean Roland (Ed's younger brother) both joined before the release of their first album, and are both still there.
* SingerSongwriter: Ed Roland.
* SelfTitledAlbum: Two of them. The 2009 one is sometimes called ''Rabbit''.
* StepUpToTheMicrophone: Twice. Ross Childress wrote and sang lead vocals on "Dandy Life" from ''Dosage'', while Joel Kosche wrote and sang lead vocals on "I Don't Need Anymore Friends" from ''Afterwords''.
* SurprisinglyGentleSong: "The World I Know" and, to a lesser extent, "December". These were the [[BlackSheepHit two biggest pop hits off their second album.]] They wrote more songs in this style as their career went on.