Clint Patrick Black is a CountryMusic artist who began as part of the "Class of '89", a batch of highly successful artists from that very year which also introduced AlanJackson, GarthBrooks and several others. This new wave of artists helped reintroduce ThreeChordsAndTheTruth to the genre. Interestingly, he was managed by ZZTop's producer, Bill Ham.
Black made waves in 1989 with his debut single "A Better Man", which made him the first male country artist in 15 years to send a debut single to number one. The next three singles from his debut album ''Killin' Time'' also went the distance, and he only missed the top 10 once between then and late 1998. Although his commercial success dwindled in the 2000s, leading to a departure from RCA, he has continued to record. Between 2004 and 2008, he owned the Equity Music Group label, which released albums by him, Little Big Town, Carolina Rain, Laura Bryna, Kevin Fowler, and Carolyn Dawn Johnson.
Black also has a few acting roles to his credit, and he has been married to actress Lisa Hartman since 1991.
!!Tropes present in Black's work:
* AdvertisedExtra: Lisa Hartman Black got chart credit on "When I Said I Do" entirely for singing a backing vocal.
* ChristmasSongs: ''Looking for Christmas'' in 1995 produced chart entries in "'Til Santa's Gone" and "The Kid". The former continued to re-chart every Christmas until 2000, when ''Billboard'' changed the country charts to disallow re-entries of Christmas songs. The album was re-issued in 2004 via Equity with two new tracks.
* DrowningMySorrows: "Killin' Time".
* EpicInstrumentalOpener: The 48-second harmonica solo that launches "State of Mind".
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: "You're the only lock that's made to fit my key" in "Straight from the Factory".
* HappyRain: "Like the Rain", in which he sings that he's "falling for you now just like the rain".
* LeavingFoodForSanta: "'Til Santa's Gone (I Just Can't Wait)". Hint: It was originally called "'Til Santa's Gone (Milk and Cookies)".
* NewSoundAlbum and UnpluggedVersion: ''D'lectrified'', recorded entirely with acoustic instruments.
* SequelSong: "No Time to Kill" references "Killin' Time".
* ShapedLikeItself: "Wherever You Go"..."there you are".