Brantley Gilbert (born January 20, 1985 in Jefferson, Georgia) is an American country rock music singer-songwriter. He has released two albums, both on the Average Joes Entertainment label. His songs have also been recorded by Colt Ford and Jason Aldean. In December 2010, he left Average Joe's to join Valory, where he charted "Country Must Be Country Wide". A deluxe edition of ''Halfway to Heaven'' was released on September 13, 2011, two months before "Country Must Be Country Wide" reached No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart. In July 2012 his follow-up, "You Don't Know Her Like I Do", also hit No. 1.
Brantley launched his second Big Machine album in 2014 with the hit "Bottoms Up".
* AlwaysSomeoneBetter: Music/JasonAldean is this to Brantley, having turned two of Brantley's failed singles into massive hits.
* CountryRap: He did co-write "Dirt Road Anthem" with Colt Ford.
* FakeOutFadeOut: "You Don't Know Her Like I Do" seems to end, then launches into a minute-long coda (which is removed from the radio edit).
* HeavyMeta: "Country Must Be Country Wide".
* MassiveMultiplayerCrossover: "Small Town Throwdown" has Music/ThomasRhett ''and'' Justin Moore.
* NotSoDifferent: The theme of "Country Must Be Country Wide" is that the country fanbase is not entirely limited to the South.
* RhymingWithItself: The chorus of "Bottoms Up" rhymes "up" with "up".
* ShoutOut: "My Baby's Guns N' Roses" is chock-full of shout-outs to...well, [[Music/GunsNRoses guess]].
* SomethingCompletelyDifferent: "You Don't Know Her Like I Do" and "More Than Miles" show that he's more than just the Southern rocker type that is so derided by country music critics.