[-[[caption-width-right:320:From left to right: Steve Rodgers, Paul Turrell, Jasmine Rodgers, Lee Sullivan, and Alex Caird]]-]
Bôa are a British alternative/indie band formed in London in 1993.
Initially a funk band, Bôa had only been made up of drummer Ed Herten, keyboardist Paul Turrell, and Steve Rodgers on guitar and vocals. As their popularity grew, so did their band; they recruited Alex Caird on bass guitar, Ben Henderson on saxophone, and Steve's younger sister Jasmine Rodgers on lead vocals. Their biggest hit is their single "Duvet", which was used as the opening theme song to the anime ''Anime/SerialExperimentsLain''.
* AllLoveIsUnrequited: "Twilight" is about this.
* AndNowForSomethingCompletelyDifferent: "Little Miss" ends with a weird jazz breakdown.
* BandOfRelatives: Steve and Jasmine Rodgers, who are brother and sister.
* GenreShift: "Anna Maria" is an energetic bossa nova track.
* LyricalColdOpen: "And you don't seem to understand..."
* OneDegreeOfSeparation: Alex Caird had played with Ed Herten in another band prior; Ben Henderson had played in another band entirely with Alex also prior to joining Bôa.
* OneWordTitle: Most of their songs.
* SillyLoveSongs: Many of their tracks could qualify, but "Drinking" is the most obvious.
* TheSmurfettePrinciple: Jasmine is the only female in the band.
* UnpluggedVersion: "Duvet" receives one on ''Twilight.''