Azealia Banks, born in 1991, is an American rapper and singer, who rose to fame after her music video "212" [[MemeticMutation went viral]] in late 2011. Her wild persona and explicit rapping style have put her in direct comparison by critics and bloggers to fellow female rapper NickiMinaj; the two even attended the same high school, albeit in different years. After a failed record deal with XL, Azealia signed to Universal in 2012, but since they put her debut album under DevelopmentHell, she became independent and released her debut album 'Broke With Expensive Taste' out of nowhere in November 2014.
* ''Fantasea'' (2012)
* ''1991'' EP (2012)
* ''Broke With Expensive Taste'' (2014)
!!Azealia Banks provides examples of:
* [[AscendedFanboy Ascended Fangirl]]: Azealia has been said to be a big Music/BlocParty fan; [[RecordProducer Bloc Party's frequent collaborator, Paul Epworth]], is producing her debut album. "Bambi" is the first-released fruit of their labor.
* BigApplesauce: Azealia was born in raised in New York City, something she brags about in "Bambi". She refers to it quite a few times in her music like in "Luxury" and "212" the latter being one of the area codes of Manhattan.
* BoastfulRap: Lots and lots of this.
* CatchPhrase: The ''"I guess that cunt getting' eaten"'' line in "212", arguably. [[TheMerch You can even purchase a shirt with the lyric on it]] [[https://shop.bompa.com/azealia_banks/ here]].
* TheCameo: Azealia lends some uncredited vocals to the ScissorSisters' "Shady Love".
* CountryMatters: ''Notorious'' for using this extensively.
* DreamTeam: She and Music/LanaDelRey have been rumored to be working with one another; Azealia most recently lent vocals to a remix of Lana's "Blue Jeans", which was co-produced by [[FosterThePeople Mark Foster]].
* EroticEating: She does this with a hot dog, lollipop, and popsicle in the "Liquorice" video.
* FreestyleVersion: She freestyled over "Harlem Shake" when that song was popular.
* IconicOutfit: The MickeyMouse sweater she wears in the "212" video; [[https://twitter.com/#!/azealiassweater it even has its own Twitter page!]]
* RefugeInAudacity: And ''how''. Azealia has no filter in her music or in general, which is best seen in the form of her many, many, ''many'' beefs.
* SirSwearsALot: The amount of lines in 212 not featuring at least one cuss-word and/or sexual reference can probably be counted on one hand. And that's just the one song.
-->"Iím a rude bitch, nigga!"
** On iTunes every song from BWET comes with an explicit language warning.
* StepfordSmiler: "Soda" speaks on the topic and self-medication
* TakeThat: Many have speculated that "212" is a dig at NickiMinaj, but Azealia said that it's not the case.
* TooManyMouths: The video and the cover of "YUNG RAPUNXEL" show Azealia with mouths instead of eyes. [[NightmareFuel Terrifying]].
* YourCheatingHeart: "NEEDSUMLUV" is about being the other woman.
* TheWestern: The "Liquorice" video.