[[caption-width-right:298:The cover of ''I Get Wet''.]]
->''"LONG LIVE THE PARTY!!!"''
Andrew WK is a rock vocalist, classically-trained pianist, songwriter, motivational speaker, and television personality. Andrew is most famous for his boisterous approach to rock music, characterized by shouted, chanted vocals, multi-layered guitars, huge pop hooks and keyboard flourishes (although he had since tried some experimentation, most notably an album made up of piano instrumentals). He is also famed for his persona - a relentlessly optimistic, somewhat philosophical man with an insatiable desire to motivate, or "party," as he usually refers to it. It is very likely that he is ''the'' biggest CloudCuckoolander in rock.
Counting records only released in Asia, Andrew WK has put out six albums, although his most famous to this day is ''I Get Wet,'' which has the famous cover of his nose bleeding profusely.
You can read more about all the insane/awesome stuff Andrew has done over at [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_wk That Other Wiki.]]
!!IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!
* AlternativeMetal: His specific type of metal has been nicknamed, "Party Metal."
* BadassBaritone: When he's actually singing, rather than screaming.
* BigApplesauce: Raised in Michigan, now resides in NYC. In Andrew's words, ''"I LOVE!!! NEW YORK CITY!!! OHHHHHH YEAH!!! NEW YORK CITY!!!"''
* BrokenRecord: "...party hard, party hard, party hard, party hard, party hard..."
* TheCameo: Has a couple on WebVideo/FiveSecondFilms, forcing a hapless party goer to drink via [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85urO89KfGY&feature=em-uploademail hypnotism and the power of rock]], and offering [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNnqjvJr19A free hugs]].
* CurseCutShort: The end of the video for "It's Time to Party" has Andrew W.K. waking up from his excessive partying during TheStinger, muttering only, "What the f-"
* DarkAndTroubledPast: He was a very dark teenager and had many run-ins with the law, a drastic contrast to the persona he's known for today. Well, and there's [[http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/apr/07/andrew-wk-juvenile-restraining-order this.]]
* DressRehearsalVideo: "Party Hard."
* FurryFandom: According to his official website, he has shown great interest in this fandom, and as such, has received numerous pieces of fanart of his fursona "Party Animal," a winged wolf with a perpetual nosebleed.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: "It's Time To Party" has the rather risque lyric "OPEN YOUR MOUTH, WE'RE ALL GONNA COME! [[PunctuatedForEmphasis IN!!! YOUR!!! FACE!!!]]" Interestingly, the all-ages, public access dance show Chic-A-Go-Go [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6WmW-QteU#t=3m40s didn't seem to have a problem playing it.]]
** The song also features lyrics that blatantly reference masturbation. Seriously.
* HiddenDepths: That guy you heard on the radio? The one with the hard rock about partying? Yeah, he gives [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcFehu6B_M motivational, introspective lectures]]. He also released a piano-only album as a way to get away from the record company's constant demands for constant party anthems.
** His music in general has got quite a lot of hidden depths. What will generally sound like simple three chord songs often hides rather complex chord progressions and elaborate melodies.
* IndecipherableLyrics: Most every time the lyrics to "Ready To Die" are subbed, the lines ''[[foldercontrol]]
[[folder: "Been a long time coming, now you better get running" ]]
'' are written as [indecipherable][indecipherable].
* IntercourseWithYou: From "Really In Love": ''"I DO WHAT I WANT / AND I WANT YOU!!!"''
* IWantSong: "We Want Fun."
** Even more notably, "Make Sex."
-->''"I DON'T WANNA ([[CallAndResponseSong MAKE LIFE]])!!!''
-->''I DON'T WANNA (MAKE DEATH)!!!''
-->''I DON'T WANNA (MAKE LOVE)!!!''
-->''I JUST WANNA MAKE SEX!!!"''
** More recent example: "I Want To See You Go Wild." True to its title, it's the most exuberant song on ''Close Calls With Brick Walls.''
* JerkAss: He describes his teenaged self as such in "Tear It Up."
* LifeOfTheParty: Would you expect anything less?
* LimitedWardrobe: White shirt, ragged grey jeans.
* LyricalColdOpen: "I Love Music."
* LyricalDissonance: "Ready To Die" is quite possibly the most joyous song ever written about murder. Granted, it's upbeat in a pretty rockin' way, but it's still not what you'd expect given the lyrics.
** A lot of Andrew W.K. songs use this trope. He often sings like he's annoyed about something, but the lyrics are about fairly mundane things - partying, hot girls, enjoying yourself in various ways.
** His cover of "Soldiers of Sorrow" is, essentially, a cheery upbeat-sounding rock anthem about a soldier horrified at the fact that he's surrounded by death and only survived his battle by killing people just like him.
* MetalScream: Transcribing his lyrics requires rather liberal use of exclamation marks.
* MinisculeRocking: From ''The Wolf'' we have "Make Sex," 45 seconds of primitive drumming and chants on an album filled with four-to-five-minute rock epics.
** From ''Close Calls With Brick Walls,'' there's "Golden Eye Dog," 30 seconds of vocals and bass.
* MohsScaleOfRockAndMetalHardness: Generally around a 6, but ''what a 6.''
* NewSoundAlbum: Oh man, ''55 Cadillac.''
* NiceGuy: Andrew doesn't just sign autographs; he ''writes letters'' for fans.
* OneOfUs: The man put out a tribute album to MobileSuitGundam. That's really all that has to be said.
** He showed up on FourChan's /mu/ board once.
*** Thread in question was titled "I'm Andrew WK, ask me anything", and the most often-asked question was of course "how hard can you party?".
** And he's a [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic brony]]. Can you guess his favorite pony?[[note]]Hint: She shares his love of parties.[[/note]]
*** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43AuJjuxqAw Oh the irony.]]
* PepTalkSong: His career is ''centered'' around these.
* PowerBallad: Once in a while, most notably "Never Let Down" from ''The Wolf.''
* RefugeInAudacity: For one, playing at Gathering Of The Juggalos.
* TakeThat: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9PicFgovI His reaction to his fans who criticized him for liking ponies]].
* TextlessAlbumCover: ''Close Calls with Brick Walls'' and ''Mother of Mankind''.
* ThreeChordsAndTheTruth: Strangely enough, a subversion. While most of his discography consists of three minutes pop songs based on catchy hooks, most of it is actually pretty complex, in term of chord progressions and structure.
* TitleOnlyChorus: "Party Till You Puke," "Don't Stop Living In The Red."
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Taco Bell tacos. He talks about it a lot in his twitter.
** To further emphasize his love of Taco Bell, he narrated this AprilFoolsDay joke video by "Did You Know Gaming?" titled [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8q76eqWRg Did You Know Taco Bell?]]