[[caption-width-right:298:The cover of ''I Get Wet''.]]
->''"LONG LIVE THE PARTY!!!"''
'''Andrew WK''' (b. 1979) is a rock vocalist, classically-trained pianist, songwriter, motivational speaker, and television personality (hosted the CartoonNetwork show ''Destroy Build Destroy''). Andrew is most famous for his boisterous approach to rock music, characterized by shouted, chanted vocals, multi-layered guitars, huge pop hooks and keyboard flourishes (although he had since tried some experimentation, most notably an album made up of piano instrumentals). He is also famed for his persona - a relentlessly optimistic, somewhat philosophical man with an insatiable desire to motivate, or "party," as he usually refers to it. It is very likely that he is ''the'' biggest CloudCuckoolander in rock.
His most famous record to this day is his debut, ''I Get Wet,'' which has the famous cover of his nose bleeding profusely.[[note]]To get the blood, Andrew initially tried smashing a brick into his face, although that wasn't enough blood. He than added some of the blood of an animal he got from a butcher.[[/note]] The complete discography:
# ''Girls Own Juice EP'' (1999)
# ''Party Til You Puke'' (2000)
# ''I Get Wet'' (2001)
# ''The Wolf'' (2003)
# ''Close Calls With Brick Walls'' (2006 in Japan, 2010 worldwide)
# ''The Japan Covers'' (2008, in Japan)
# ''55 Cadillac'' (2009, instrumental album)
# ''Mother of Mankind - Rare & Unreleased 1999-2010'' (2010, packaged with ''Close Calls With Brick Walls'')
# ''Gundam Rock'' (2009, in Japan)
# ''The "Party All Goddamn Night" EP'' (2011, in Japan)
As of April 2015, Andrew has his own Saturday morning radio show, ''America W.K.'' on GlennBeck's TheBlaze network.
You can read more about all the insane/awesome stuff Andrew has done over at [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_wk That Other Wiki.]]
!IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!
* AdamWesting[=/=]AsHimself: Most of his Cameos on comedy shows. See below.
* AlternativeMetal: His specific type of metal has been nicknamed, "Party Metal."
* AnAesop: The "Party Tips" on his Twitter.
* [[ArcWords Arc Word]]: "Party," of course.
-->'''Andrew:''' [[https://twitter.com/AndrewWK/status/238855699050950656 We vow to make our party even partier than the partiest party we ever partied.]]
* TheAtoner: Implied in "Tear It Up."
* BadassBaritone: When he's actually singing, rather than screaming.
* BigApplesauce: Raised in Michigan, now resides in NYC. In Andrew's words, ''"I LOVE!!! NEW YORK CITY!!! OHHHHHH YEAH!!! NEW YORK CITY!!!"''
* BookEnds: The first track on ''The Wolf'' is titled "Victory Strikes Again" and the last words of the last track, "I Love Music" are "victory strikes again."
* BrokenRecord: "...party hard, party hard, party hard, party hard, party hard..."
* CallAndResponseSong: "Make Sex."
* TheCameo: Has a couple on WebVideo/FiveSecondFilms, forcing a hapless party goer to drink via [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85urO89KfGY hypnotism and the power of rock]], and offering [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNnqjvJr19A free hugs]].
** There's also his [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBGftiQ2lZM workout plan]] video on fatawesome.
* ContemptibleCover: The (in)famous ''I Get Wet'' cover, which is probably more iconic and famous than any of his music.
* CurseCutShort: The end of the video for "It's Time to Party" has Andrew W.K. waking up from his excessive partying during TheStinger, muttering only, "What the f-"
* DarkAndTroubledPast: He was a very dark teenager and had many run-ins with the law, a drastic contrast to the persona he's known for today. He also admitted to receiving a restraining order for [[http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/apr/07/andrew-wk-juvenile-restraining-order an old song of his.]]
* DressRehearsalVideo: "Party Hard."
* FunPersonified: Party = Fun, therefore Andrew W.K. = Fun.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: "It's Time To Party" has the rather risque lyric "OPEN YOUR MOUTH, WE'RE ALL GONNA COME! [[PunctuatedForEmphasis IN!!! YOUR!!! FACE!!!]]" Interestingly, the all-ages, public access dance show Chic-A-Go-Go [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6WmW-QteU#t=3m40s didn't seem to have a problem playing it.]] The song also features lyrics that blatantly reference masturbation. Seriously.
** That guy you heard on the radio? The one with the hard rock about partying? Yeah, he gives [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcFehu6B_M motivational, introspective lectures]]. He also released a piano-only album as a way to get away from the record company's constant demands for constant party anthems.
** Currently, Andrew writes [[http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/ask_andrew_wk/ an advice column]] for Village Voice, where he's gathered attention for his insightful, well-spoken responses to fans.
** His music in general has got quite a lot of hidden depths. What will generally sound like simple three chord songs often hides rather complex chord progressions and elaborate melodies.
** He now has his own radio show where he can espouse his ideas and philosophies to listeners.
** [[http://www.thepartyparty.us Forget the radio show - the man is founding his own POLITICAL PARTY.]] [[PunnyName The Party Party, of course.]]
* IconicOutfit[=/=]LimitedWardrobe: White t-shirt, white jeans, white sneakers, in varying states of dampness/dirtiness. Large blood smear optional.
* IndecipherableLyrics: Most every time the lyrics to "Ready To Die" are subbed, the lines ''[[foldercontrol]]
[[folder: "Been a long time coming, now you better get running" ]]
'' are written as [indecipherable][indecipherable].
** The opening lines to "Tear It Up" are so processed and mushmouthed that you basically need a lyric sheet.
* IntercourseWithYou: From "Really In Love": ''"I DO WHAT I WANT / AND I WANT YOU!!!"''
** "We Want Fun."
** "Make Sex."
-->''"I DON'T WANNA ([[CallAndResponseSong MAKE LIFE]])!!!''
-->''I DON'T WANNA (MAKE DEATH)!!!''
-->''I DON'T WANNA (MAKE LOVE)!!!''
-->''I JUST WANNA MAKE SEX!!!"''
** "I Want To See You Go Wild."
* JerkAss: He describes his teenaged self as such in "Tear It Up."
* LargeHam: The ham, the bacon, the shanks - forget it, he's the whole roast hog!
* LifeOfTheParty: Would you expect anything less?
* LyricalColdOpen: "I Love Music."
** "Ready To Die" is quite possibly the most joyous song ever written about murder.
** A lot of Andrew W.K. songs use this trope. He often sings like he's annoyed about something, but the lyrics are about fairly mundane things - partying, hot girls, enjoying yourself in various ways.
** His cover of "Soldiers of Sorrow" is, essentially, a cheery upbeat-sounding rock anthem about a soldier horrified at the fact that he's surrounded by death and only survived his battle by killing people just like him.
* MetalScream: Transcribing his lyrics requires rather liberal use of exclamation marks.
** From ''The Wolf'' we have "Make Sex," 45 seconds of primitive drumming and chants on an album filled with four-to-five-minute rock epics.
** From ''Close Calls With Brick Walls,'' there's "Golden Eye Dog," 30 seconds of vocals and bass.
* MohsScaleOfRockAndMetalHardness: Generally around a 6, but ''what a 6.''
* MinimalisticCoverArt: Generally just a picture of his face and a title.
* NewSoundAlbum: ''55 Cadillac'' forgoes the Party Metal in favor of improvised piano pieces about cars.
* NiceGuy: Andrew doesn't just sign autographs; he ''writes letters'' for fans.
* PepTalkSong: His career is ''centered'' around these.
* PowerBallad: Once in a while, most notably "Never Let Down" from ''The Wolf.''
* RefugeInAudacity: He played at Gathering Of The Juggalos, dancing, singing and talking positively to them while dodging bottles thrown at him.
* TakeThat: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9PicFgovI His reaction to his fans who criticized him for liking ponies]].
* TextlessAlbumCover: ''Close Calls with Brick Walls'' and ''Mother of Mankind''.
* ThreeChordsAndTheTruth: Strangely enough, a subversion. While most of his discography consists of three minute pop songs based on catchy hooks, most of it is deceptively complex in terms of chord progressions and structure.
* TitleOnlyChorus: "Party Till You Puke," "Don't Stop Living In The Red."
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Taco Bell tacos. He talks about it a lot in his twitter. To further emphasize his love of Taco Bell, he narrated this AprilFoolsDay joke video by "Did You Know Gaming?" titled [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8q76eqWRg Did You Know Taco Bell?]]
** He has also mentioned his love for pizza on several occasions. He even devoted one of his advice columns in the Village Voice to extolling the virtues of eating pizza. He also has a guitar that resembles a slice of pizza.
* VillainSong: "Ready to Die" is all about murder.