[[caption-width-right:298:The cover of ''I Get Wet''.]]
->''"LONG LIVE THE PARTY!!!"''
Andrew WK is a rock vocalist, classically-trained pianist, songwriter, motivational speaker, and television personality. Andrew is most famous for his boisterous approach to rock music, characterized by shouted, chanted vocals, multi-layered guitars, huge pop hooks and keyboard flourishes (although he had since tried some experimentation, most notably an album made up of piano instrumentals). He is also famed for his persona - a relentlessly optimistic, somewhat philosophical man with an insatiable desire to motivate, or "party," as he usually refers to it. It is very likely that he is ''the'' biggest CloudCuckoolander in rock.
Counting records only released in Asia, Andrew WK has put out six albums, although his most famous to this day is ''I Get Wet,'' which has the famous cover of his nose bleeding profusely.[[note]]Self-inflicted.[[/note]]
You can read more about all the insane/awesome stuff Andrew has done over at [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_wk That Other Wiki.]]
!IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!
* AdamWesting[=/=]AsHimself: Most of his Cameos on comedy shows. See below.
* AlternativeMetal: His specific type of metal has been nicknamed, "Party Metal."
* AnAesop: The "Party Tips" on his Twitter.
* [[ArcWords Arc Word]]: "Party," of course.
-->'''Andrew:''' [[https://twitter.com/AndrewWK/status/238855699050950656 We vow to make our party even partier than the partiest party we ever partied.]]
* TheAtoner: Implied in "Tear It Up."
* BadassBaritone: When he's actually singing, rather than screaming.
* BigApplesauce: Raised in Michigan, now resides in NYC. In Andrew's words, ''"I LOVE!!! NEW YORK CITY!!! OHHHHHH YEAH!!! NEW YORK CITY!!!"''
* BrokenRecord: "...party hard, party hard, party hard, party hard, party hard..."
* CallAndResponseSong: "Make Sex."
* TheCameo: Has a couple on WebVideo/FiveSecondFilms, forcing a hapless party goer to drink via [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85urO89KfGY hypnotism and the power of rock]], and offering [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNnqjvJr19A free hugs]].
** There's also his [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBGftiQ2lZM workout plan]] video on fatawesome.
* CurseCutShort: The end of the video for "It's Time to Party" has Andrew W.K. waking up from his excessive partying during TheStinger, muttering only, "What the f-"
* DarkAndTroubledPast: He was a very dark teenager and had many run-ins with the law, a drastic contrast to the persona he's known for today. He also admitted to receiving a restraining order for [[http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/apr/07/andrew-wk-juvenile-restraining-order an old song of his.]]
* DressRehearsalVideo: "Party Hard."
* FunPersonified: Party = Fun, therefore Andrew W.K. = Fun.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: "It's Time To Party" has the rather risque lyric "OPEN YOUR MOUTH, WE'RE ALL GONNA COME! [[PunctuatedForEmphasis IN!!! YOUR!!! FACE!!!]]" Interestingly, the all-ages, public access dance show Chic-A-Go-Go [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6WmW-QteU#t=3m40s didn't seem to have a problem playing it.]] The song also features lyrics that blatantly reference masturbation. Seriously.
** That guy you heard on the radio? The one with the hard rock about partying? Yeah, he gives [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcFehu6B_M motivational, introspective lectures]]. He also released a piano-only album as a way to get away from the record company's constant demands for constant party anthems.
** Currently, Andrew writes [[http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/ask_andrew_wk/ an advice column]] for Village Voice, where he's gathered attention for his insightful, well-spoken responses to fans.
** His music in general has got quite a lot of hidden depths. What will generally sound like simple three chord songs often hides rather complex chord progressions and elaborate melodies.
* IconicOutfit[=/=]LimitedWardrobe: White t-shirt, white jeans, white sneakers, in varying states of dampness/dirtiness. Large blood smear optional.
* IndecipherableLyrics: Most every time the lyrics to "Ready To Die" are subbed, the lines ''[[foldercontrol]]
[[folder: "Been a long time coming, now you better get running" ]]
'' are written as [indecipherable][indecipherable].
** The opening lines to "Tear It Up" are so processed and mushmouthed that you basically need a lyric sheet.
* IntercourseWithYou: From "Really In Love": ''"I DO WHAT I WANT / AND I WANT YOU!!!"''
** "We Want Fun."
** "Make Sex."
-->''"I DON'T WANNA ([[CallAndResponseSong MAKE LIFE]])!!!''
-->''I DON'T WANNA (MAKE DEATH)!!!''
-->''I DON'T WANNA (MAKE LOVE)!!!''
-->''I JUST WANNA MAKE SEX!!!"''
** "I Want To See You Go Wild."
* JerkAss: He describes his teenaged self as such in "Tear It Up."
* LargeHam: The ham, the bacon, the shanks - forget it, he's the whole roast hog!
* LifeOfTheParty: Would you expect anything less?
* LyricalColdOpen: "I Love Music."
** "Ready To Die" is quite possibly the most joyous song ever written about murder.
** A lot of Andrew W.K. songs use this trope. He often sings like he's annoyed about something, but the lyrics are about fairly mundane things - partying, hot girls, enjoying yourself in various ways.
** His cover of "Soldiers of Sorrow" is, essentially, a cheery upbeat-sounding rock anthem about a soldier horrified at the fact that he's surrounded by death and only survived his battle by killing people just like him.
* TheMerch: His store has all manner of methods to get the word "party" on yourself. Interestingly, his store has gotten rather opportunistic. For instance, there's a bloody-nosed Charlie Sheen on another, and, briefly, there was a shirt with a bloody-nosed Rob Ford. The shirts with a bloody-nosed [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic Pinkie Pie]] might seem opportunistic, but he's a legit MLP fan. He's helmed panels at brony conventions and even played with the G1 toys as a kid.
* MetalScream: Transcribing his lyrics requires rather liberal use of exclamation marks.
** From ''The Wolf'' we have "Make Sex," 45 seconds of primitive drumming and chants on an album filled with four-to-five-minute rock epics.
** From ''Close Calls With Brick Walls,'' there's "Golden Eye Dog," 30 seconds of vocals and bass.
* MohsScaleOfRockAndMetalHardness: Generally around a 6, but ''what a 6.''
* MinimalisticCoverArt: Generally just a picture of his face and a title.
* NewSoundAlbum: ''55 Cadillac'' forgoes the Party Metal in favor of improvised piano pieces about cars.
* NiceGuy: Andrew doesn't just sign autographs; he ''writes letters'' for fans.
* PepTalkSong: His career is ''centered'' around these.
* PowerBallad: Once in a while, most notably "Never Let Down" from ''The Wolf.''
* RefugeInAudacity: He played at Gathering Of The Juggalos, dancing, singing and talking positively to them while dodging bottles thrown at him.
* TakeThat: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9PicFgovI His reaction to his fans who criticized him for liking ponies]].
* TextlessAlbumCover: ''Close Calls with Brick Walls'' and ''Mother of Mankind''.
* ThreeChordsAndTheTruth: Strangely enough, a subversion. While most of his discography consists of three minute pop songs based on catchy hooks, most of it is deceptively complex in terms of chord progressions and structure.
* TitleOnlyChorus: "Party Till You Puke," "Don't Stop Living In The Red."
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Taco Bell tacos. He talks about it a lot in his twitter. To further emphasize his love of Taco Bell, he narrated this AprilFoolsDay joke video by "Did You Know Gaming?" titled [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8q76eqWRg Did You Know Taco Bell?]]
** He has also mentioned his love for pizza on several occasions. He even devoted one of his advice columns in the Village Voice to extolling the virtues of eating pizza. He also has a guitar that resembles a slice of pizza.
* VillainSong: "Ready to Die" is all about murder.