[-[[caption-width-right:315:Sadly, most of you probably ''were'' expecting this.]]-]
And now for something completely different.
A set of [[MemeticMutation memes]] from any given Creator/MontyPython production.
[[folder: Series/Monty Pythons Flying Circus: ]]
* And now for something completely different.
* He's not pining, he's passed on! [[HurricaneOfEuphemisms This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! This is a late parrot! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!]]
** The most prominent meme to emerge from the Parrot Sketch seems to be "pining for the fjords" which sets up the above HurricaneOfEuphemisms.
*** Lovely plumage.
* NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
** Due to the fact that all TabletopRPG sessions must, by law, contain a Python reference, whenever there's something called an Inquisition (or even similar to the Inquisition), nobody expects them.
** [[CoolAndUnusualPunishment Fetch...]] [[PokeThePoodle the comfy chair!]]
*** NO, NOT THE COMFY CHAIR!
*** [[Series/DoctorWho "I got him to say 'comfy chair!'"]]
** I will not buy this record -- it is scratched!
*** I will not buy this tobacconist's -- it is scratched!
** Drop your panties, Sir William; I cannot wait until lunchtime!
** If tell you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I am no longer infected.
** I don't think you're using that right!
** MY NIPPLES EXPLODE WITH DELIGHT!
* Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
** Yes, but that's not just saying 'no, it isn't'!
*** Yes, it is!
**** [[HypocriticalHumor No, it isn't!]]
* No poin-ted stick?
** SHUT UP.
* "Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, LOVELY SPAM!! WONDERFUL SPAM!! LOVELY SPAM!! WONDERFUL SPAM!!" Yes, Monty Python [[GrokkingTheHorrorshow unwittingly inspired]] the current usage of the word spam (As in spam e-mail: something irrelevant, repeated ad nauseum, not the meat product whose name they used)
** Although ''[[http://sadsack.org/SSyanktop3.htm this]]'' World War 2 era precursor ''depicted Spam as unwanted mail!''
* Marching up and down the square... alone.
* It's not particularly silly, is it? I mean, the right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternate step.
* [[UpperClassTwit Kick the beggar and insult the waiter.]]
* The Colonel would appear in the middle of a sketch, declare it to be silly, and tell everyone to leave.
* [[GratuitousGerman Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!]]
** HA HA HA HA HA HA HAA...[=HAAAAaaaa=]... *uuunnnhhhh!!*
* [[AllJustADream So it was all a dream.]]
** [[SubvertedTrope No dear, THIS is the dream; you're still in the cell.]]
* [[DisorganizedOutlineSpeech Our two weapons are fear and surprise and a ruthless efficiency...]]
* *nudge nudge* *wink wink*, say no more, say no more.
** [[FateStayNight You lost me.]]
* Looks like a [[EverythingsBetterWithPenguins penguin.]]
** Oh, ''[[UnusualEuphemism intercourse]]'' [[EverythingsBetterWithPenguins the penguin!]]
** Why did you say Burma?
** I panicked...
* I want to apologize, humbly, deeply, and sincerely about the fork.
** Oh please, it's only a tiny bit... I couldn't see it.
*** Ah, you're good kind fine people, for saying that, but I can see it...[[FelonyMisdemeanor to me it's like a mountain, a vast bowl of pus!]]
*** YOU BASTARDS! YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS!
*** The War Wound!
*** Never kill a customer!
** And now, the punchline: [[spoiler: Good thing I didn't mention the dirty knife!]]
* Rule six: [[ThereIsNoRuleSix There is]] ''[[ThereIsNoRuleSix no]]'' [[ThereIsNoRuleSix rule six.]]
** Rule seven: No poofters!
* He's a lumberjack and he's [=OK=].
* ''Flying Fox of the Yard?!''
-->I'm Inspector Lookout. Lookout, of the Yard.\\
Why? What will we see?
* I think that's in very bad taste. (pouty lips)
* THE BISHOP!!
* Any references to Fish-slapping, especially the IRC command.
* I am reliably informed that the word 'requisite' was quite a commonly used word until it became 'requisit-t-t-t-t-t-te' to most student-types in the 1970s. And "Actually I'm a gynaecolologist but this is my lunch hour" was popular with doctors.
* "I'm orf to play the ''grarnd'' piarno" seems to be popular with MarkKermode on his and Simon Mayo's film show when referring to anything posh.
* Consider the subject of Deja Vu, that strange feeling that we sometimes have that we've lived through something before. Consider the subject of Deja Vu, that strange feeling that we sometimes have that we've lived through something before.
* MY BRAIN HURTS!
** Noh-noh NO, my brain in my head!
** It will have to come out!
* ARE YOU. THE BRAIN. SPECIALIST?
** No. No. No... YES!
* But it's my only line!
** ''You didn't have to say it!''
* Lemon curry?
* I object to all this sex on the telly! I mean, I keep falling off!
* With a melon?
* Pretty strong ''meat'' there from *sniff* ''SamPeckinpah!''
* Llamas are larger than frogs.
* The ''larch''.
* Wait a tic... blimey, this redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought.
** (Women's Institute Applause)
* He shouldn't be saying that, we haven't done comparatives yet.
* STREWTH! ''[dies]''
* So shut your gob!
* Start again....
* ''[rings bell]'' Good night, a-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!
** FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE, ZERO!
*** Too late!
* SQUAD! CAMP IT. UP!
* [[StopHavingFunGuys Stop that!]] [[ComicallySerious It's silly.]] (And a bit suspect I think...)
[[folder: Film/Monty Python And The Holy Grail: ]]
* A scratch?! You're arm's off!!
** No, it isn't.
*** Well, what's that then?!
**** ...I've had worse.
***** You liar!
* Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left.
** Yes I have.
**** [[OnlyAFleshWound 'Tis just a flesh wound.]]
* [[YouShallNotPass None shall pass!]]
* Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
* AndThereWasMuchRejoicing. (Yaaaaay...)
* RUN AWAY!
** Brave Sir Robin ran away...(No!)bravely ran away away...(I didn't!)When danger reared its ugly head/he bravely turned his tail and fled(I never did!)Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about/ and valiantly, he chickened out(Oh, you liars!)Bravely taking to his feet/he beat a very brave retreat/A brave retreat by brave Sir Robin.
* One day, [unknown troper], all this will be yours.
** What, the curtains?
* ''[[UnusualEuphemism Huge]]''... [[GagBoobs tracts of land.]]
* One, two, five!
** Three sir!
**** Five is right out!
* She turned me into a newt!
** A newt?
*** I got better...
* We are the Knights who say... *Ni!* And we want...a shrubbery!
* We are now no longer the Knights who say *Ni!* We are now the Knights who say... Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.
*** Oh, Knights of... Knights Who Till Recently Said *Ni*
* [[WithThisHerring You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest...]] [[PunctuatedForEmphasis WITH... A HERRING!]]
* Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem...*bonk!*
** I *warned* you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you *knew*, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?
** "LOOK AT THE BONES!!!!"
** That rabbit's dynamite!
* Here may be found the last words of Joseph of Aramathia. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the Castle of '''Aaauuuggghhh...'''
** Perhaps he was dictating.
* The now-iconic [[FunWithSubtitles opening]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SII-jhEd-a0 credits]]. (Especially confusing for this Finnish troper, when offered subs are in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish. He thought he had picked wrong subtitles or they were faulty.)
-->Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen
-->Røtern nik Akten Di
-->Alsø alsø wik
-->Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?
-->See the løveli lakes
-->The wøndërful telephøne system
-->And mäni interesting furry animals
-->The Characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional.
--->Signed RICHARD M. NIXON
-->Including the majestik møøse
-->A Møøse once bit my sister...
-->No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...
*** '''We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.'''
--->Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...
**** ''''We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.'''
---->Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA
---->Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT
---->Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILL
---->Møøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III
---->Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME
---->Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG
---->Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER
---->Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level
---->Geography by BO BENN
---->Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER
---->Antler-care by LIV THATCHER
***** '''The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.'''
----->JOHN GOLDSTONE & "RALPH" The Wonder Llama
----->EARL J. LLAMA
----->MIKE Q. LLAMA III
----->MERLE Z. LLAMA IX
----->40 SPECIALLY TRAINED
----->ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS
----->6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS
----->142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS
----->14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS
----->(CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA)
----->REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON
----->76000 BATTERY LLAMAS
----->FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY
----->TERRY GILLIAM & TERRY JONES
** All of which is the source of the SelfDemonstratingArticle for FunWithSubtitles.
* O Lord, bless this thy HolyHandGrenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, [[HypocriticalHumor in thy mercy]]...
** Who hath been deemed naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it.
* Now go away or this page shall taunt you a second time-a.
* [[BeamMeUpScotty I'm not dead yet!]]
* I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
* ...Do you think this meme should have been cut? We were so worried when the boys were writing it. But now, we're glad! It's better than some of the previous memes, I think!
** '''GET ON WITH IT!'''
* '''[[BigLippedAlligatorMoment INTERMISSION]]'''
* It's only a model.
* On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It's a very silly place.
* I am your king. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA Well I didn't vote for you.]]
** You don't vote for kings
** Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
** You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery bint threw a scimitar at you.
** "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
*** "Bloody peasant!"
* "What, is your favorite color?" "Blue. no. wait, yelllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!"
** What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
*** Is that an African swallow or a European swallow?
**** I don't know that. AUGGGGH!!!
* "What, ridden on a horse?" "Yes." "You're using coconuts."
** "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" "Not at all. They could be carried." "What, a swallow carrying a coconut?"
** "It could be carried by an African swallow."
[[folder: Film/Monty Pythons Life Of Brian: ]]
* Always look on the bright side of life!
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo whistle~]]
* He's not a Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
* Look, I'm ''not'' the Messiah!
** Only the ''true'' Messiah would deny His own divinity!
** WHAT?!? All right then, I ''am'' the Messiah! Now, fuck off!
** How shall we fuck off, O Lord?
* You're all different! You're all individuals!
** Yes, we are all different!
*** I'm not!
* We're not the Judean People's Front...we're the ''People's Front of Judea!''
* Worse?!? How could it be any ''worse??'' Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!!
* "Domus"? Nominative?
* [[ElmuhFuddSyndwome I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called]] "BiggusDickus".
** [[CrowningMomentOfFunny He wanks as high as any in Wome!]]
*** "Shall I throw him to the floor, sir?"
** [[ShmuckBait He has a wife, you know...]]. You know what she's called? She's called....Incontinentia. ''[beat]'' Incontinentia Buttocks.
** "WELEASE WOGER!"
** "My father was a Roman!" "A Woman?"
* Alms for a leper!
** Alms for an '''ex'''-leper!
* What did Rome ever do for us?
** The aqueduct?
* I'm Brian, and so's my wife!
[[folder: Film/Monty Pythons The Meaning Of Life ]]
* "Eeeeeevery sperm is saaaaacred ~ !"
* "I'm stuffed. I couldna eat anudduh bite."
** It's only ''[[TheLastStraw wafer]]'' [[TheLastStraw thin...]]
* [[GuiltByAssociationGag Hey, I didn't eat the mousse!]]
I've noticed a tendency for this page of memes to get rather silly.