[[caption-width-right:305:SWITCH II, Volume 01]]
This manga follows two rookie members of the Narcotic Control Department, Eto Kai and Kurabayashi Hal. In their line of work they must combat and bust drug dealers, gangs, and crime syndicates, particularly the notorious Ryugen. At first glance, Kai seems like a typical, happy young man, but when in danger his personality becomes violent and unstoppable. As Hal struggles to keep Kai in check, clues about Kai's past begin to surface, and he begins to wonder whether his violent mood swings may have something to do with the mysterious events that occurred sixteen years prior.
* ActionGirl: Kuroda
* BerserkButton: Don't hurt innocents in front of Kai, and don't you even dare harm Hal
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Kai
* BoobsOfSteel: Kuroda
* TheCharmer: Hal and Hiki
* TheChessmaster: Hiki
* CrouchingMoronHiddenBadass: Kai
* CuteLittleFangs: Miyoshi
* CutenessProximity: Kuzui Mari is quite irrational where Kai is involved
* DamselInDistress: Subverted.
* DestroyTheEvidence: [[spoiler:Ren Kousaka and Toki Kurabayashi destroyed every document about SWITCH but they did not expect Kai to come by when they were burning everything. Ren told his son to forget about what he just saw if he wanted to protect everyone he knew, specially Hal.]]
* DisappearedDad: Hal's father
* DisguisedInDrag: Kai is [[AttractiveBentGender always adorable]]
* GenkiGirl: Mika
* FreakOut: [[spoiler: Witnessing the deaths of his parents resulted in Kai's SplitPersonality]]
* HeroicBSOD: [[spoiler: Apparently this happened after Kai witnessed his parents' murders and that's why he had to create an alter ego. Also happened at the end when Kai embraced the memories]]
* HugeGuyTinyGirl: Mika and Asakura
* IneffectualLoner: Hal
* InterruptedDeclarationOfLove: Played for laughs with Mari failing to confess to Kai
* InterruptedSuicide: Chapter 8 during the High School arc. Also, Hal interrupts [[spoiler: Kai]]'s suicide later.
* IWorkAlone: Hal and, despite emphasizing teamwork, rookie Hiki also tended to do this
* KillerCop: [[spoiler: Hal is suspected of this.]]
* LoveMakesYouDumb: Mari
* TheMatchmaker: Mika wants to get Kai and Mari together
* MasterOfDisguise: The Matori.
* MsFanservice: Kuroda, and sometimes Mari.
* MemoryGambit: Akabane
* MoreDeadlyThanTheMale: Ayaka Kuroda
* ObliviousToLove: Kai towards Mari's crush on him
* PurelyAestheticGlasses: Hal
* ShipperOnDeck: Hiki encourages Mari's affection for Kai and tries to create opportunities for her to confess to Kai
* SplitPersonality: [[spoiler:Kai]]
* SlasherSmile: Hal
* SproutingEars: Miyoshi grows catlike ears and a tail in some panels
* TeacherStudentRomance: During the High School arc.
* TechnicalPacifist: Kai. At least until you [[BerserkButton threaten]] [[BewareTheNiceOnes his friends]]
* TraumaInducedAmnesia: Kai [[spoiler: twice]], and [[spoiler: Hal]].
* UndercoverCopReveal: [[spoiler: In the high school case, Takei is actually another undercover cop and not a student]]
* UnwantedHarem: Hal
* VitriolicBestBuddies: Hal and Kai
* WeDoNotKnowEachOther: Hal and Kai during the MP (school) mission.
* WorthyOpponent: Hiki
* YouKilledMyFather: [[spoiler:Kai's other self has the vivid image of Hal's dad killing his father, but we later learn that Hal's father was not the one who killed him.]]
* YouRemindMeOfX: Kai sees [[spoiler: Hal's father when he looks at Hal]] during his berserk moments, thus, feeling the urge to kill him and avenge [[spoiler: his parents.]] His attempts of killing [[spoiler: Hal Kurabayashi]] have always failed.