-> ''"You can hear it, right? The sound... of the end of the world to come."''
-->-- '''Kei Yosugara'''
A short manga by Toboso Yana, author of ''Manga/BlackButler''. In a world where vampires and humans coexist, [[HotBlooded Aldred van Enviro]], an energetic young vampire, attends the [[AllGhoulsSchool Millennium School]] as the [[RagtagBunchOfMisfits sixth class squad leader]]. Al has so far been unable to manifest a Family Weapon, but otherwise his life is pretty normal... until a [[MysteriousTransferStudent new student]] joins their group: the enigmatic and apparently human Kei Yosugata. Shortly after, fighting breaks out at the school, and Aldred finds himself in command of a very unusual weapon.
!!This manga provides examples of:
* AllGhoulsSchool: The Millennium School for vampires.
* AmbiguouslyBrown: Kodachi, who a villain describes as "over-tanned."
* BattleCouple: Kei and Al, although [[spoiler: they never get around to becoming a couple]].
* BittersweetEnding: Not quite the way you might expect, though.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: "You're not a thing, you know." And the cake.
* DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything: "It hurt the first time you did it. Can you be more gentle this time?"
* EvilCounterpart: Al and Kei vs. Septi and Sixth. [[spoiler: Sixth, like Kei, transforms into a weapon for his partner.]]
* ExtyYearsFromNow: The night with a double moon comes every thousand years.
* EquippableAlly: [[spoiler: Kei.]]
* FourEyesZeroSoul: Rabbi, who goes from TheBully to [[spoiler:viciously murdering and consuming his fellow students]].
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: "Let's go! You have good legs, don't you?" [[spoiler: A couple chapters later, Kei loses the ability to walk due to his PowerDegeneration.]]
* GirlsLoveStuffedAnimals: The TokenMiniMoe does!
* HumanSubspecies: Vampires. [[spoiler: Except they're actually more like DemonicInvaders.]]
* ImprovisedWeapon: Al's introduction. NAILBAT!
* KillerRobot: Kagamimochi 26 stopped listening to Rengokuin when it "reached adolescence."
* LivingWeapon: [[spoiler: Kei is the sheath of a vampire-killing lance.]]
* LockedIntoStrangeness: [[spoiler:As a child, Kei was dark haired. After becoming a LivingWeapon, his hair turns white]]
* MoodWhiplash: Surprisingly frequent for such a short series.
* NearRapeExperience: When Al [[spoiler: loses control and almost bites Kodachi]], it plays out a lot like an attempted rape.
* OurVampiresAreDifferent: For one thing, they possess "Family Weapons." Except Al.
* PaperFanOfDoom: Kodachi's family weapon is a fan.
* PowerDegeneration: [[spoiler: Kei's body breaks down whenever he transforms. Changing just three times left him permanently bound to a wheelchair, and it was said doing it any more would have destroyed his human body completely and left him a lance forever, which is why Al chose to forsake that weapon and go back to his nail bat; it wasn't worth killing his friend.]]
* RedEyesTakeWarning: Aldred, and it isn't a trait of all vampires.
* RuleOfThree: Kei [[spoiler:transforms into the Holy Lance ]]three times.
* SealedEvilInACan: [[spoiler: The seal.]]
* StoicWoobie: Kei
* StrappedToAnOperatingTable: PlayedForLaughs when [[MadScientist Rengokuin]] kidnaps Kei, then immediately [[MoodWhiplash played for horror]] during Kei's flashback.
--> "Even if I scream and beg the results are the same."
* UnorthodoxSheathing: Unorthodox is an... understatement. [[spoiler: Al drinks Kei's blood, which turns him into a magical lance. Kei is described as both the lance itself and the lance's ''sheath''.]]
* [[WhenSheSmiles When He Smiles]]: Kei shares this trait with Ciel of ''Manga/BlackButler''. Look at [[http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rust_blaster/v01/c004/20.html that face]].