After angering his father over an incident with a girl at school, [[NaiveNewcomer Shuu Kaidou]], a son of an electronic company's president is sent to all-boys school, St. Stokesia Academy. However upon arrival, he sees half the campus populated by cute girls, one of which he locks eyes with. But when he meets the principal, he is told by her that in order to help the academy's students understand relationships between men and women, for alternating weeks [[GenderBender half of them dress up]] [[UnsettlingGenderReveal and live as girls.]]
And then the "girl" from earlier, Tsubaki Yaesaki shows up with carrying an extra girl's uniform and wig and is appointed Shuu's partner coordinator committee member. His job: [[HilarityEnsues make Shuu look cute.]]
A manga penned by Shuu Shirase and drawn by Suemitsu Dicca, ''Reversible School Life'' looks in antics and the relationships between Shuu, [[TheAce Tsu]][[GuileHero baki]], Shuu's roomate Matsuyuki Touma and the class president [[CoolBigSis Natsume]] [[BigBrotherMentor Aoi]] as they deal with their dual lives in St. Stokesia.
Compare PrincessPrincess, only with everyone supplying the traps.
!This manga provides examples of:
* AttractiveBentGender: '''''Everyone'''''
* BerserkButton: Don't ever call Tsubaki a king.
* BewareOfTheNiceOnes: Tsubaki
* BrutalHonesty: Matsuyuki dishes it out.
* CuteLittleFangs: Matsuyuki
* ExpressiveHair: Shuu.
* IdiotHair: Shuu again.
* JumpingTheGenderBarrier: Discussed when Shuu, Natsume and Tsubaki see a couple making out and possibly going all the way.
* LargeHam: The principal.
* MistakenForGay: Natsume
* NoSenseOfPersonalSpace: Matsuyuki
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveMoney: Defied by the principal and averted by the allowance system she puts into place which forbids outside monetary help from the students parents and instead is determined by students grades. No pass, no cash.
* ShonenAi: Discussed and somewhat deconstructed.
* UnsettlingGenderReveal: How Shuu meets Tsubaki and Matsuyuki
* WitnessProtection: An non-governmental version. The school is for students who are the sons of the rich or the influential (such as politicians) to avoid the media and other unwanted attention over the scandals of their parents or their own. Most students go under fake names, though Shuu overlooked that part on the application.