Ore Wa Otoko Da Kunio Kun (roughly translated "I am a man! Kunio kun!) is a gag manga that dealt with the VideoGame/RiverCityRansom / VideoGame/KunioKun series. The manga was ran from 1991 to 1996, with 11 volumes illustrated by Kosaku Anabuko. This manga was awarded the Shogakukan Manga Award for Childrens manga in 1995.
The manga dealt with the life of Kunio, a lazy, but strong delinquent who has been challenged several times by other delinquents in [[WidgetSeries crazy and nonsensical ways.]]
!! This manga contains examples of:
* AccidentalMisnaming: The Double Dragon brothers are often referred to as the Snake Brothers, usually by Kunio.
* BullyHunter: Kunio is a delinquent, but is more than willing to help and protect those in need against bullies.
* CloudCuckoolander: Several characters have their moments, but Kunio takes the cake.
* CombatPragmatist: Yamada in Chapter 3.
* CrouchingMoronHiddenBadass: Kunio can be quite a nutcase, but when push comes to shove, he can kick ass with little effort at times.
* DenserAndWackier- the manga is this compared to the games. As if the games aren't weird enough.
* GetAHoldOfYourselfMan!: In Chapter 1, Kunio does a ''piledriver'' on the soccer player who asked him to help the soccer club histerically.
* GroinAttack: Kunio did this to the First Dragon of the Dragon Twins (No, not [[VideoGame/DoubleDragon Billy and Jimmy Lee]]) with the "Massage Special" first and then "Mach Stepping". Needless to say, the First Dragon [[TooKinkyToTorture enjoyed it]] and asked him to do his back.
* HoldingHands: Spoofed. When the cops arrive in Chapter 3, Kunio and Yamada do this to avoid getting caught trying to start a fight. After the coast was clear, Yamada has realized that Kunio somehow forced nails into the palm of one of his hands, causing it to bleed.
* KnightTemplar: In Chapter 4, Toudou has formed an anti-delinquent brigade to rid the city of delinquents, especially Kunio (Not that he's a bad guy), and stop the violence. Too bad he [[spoiler: decided to demolish concession stands at the New Year's Day Festival with a mallet as a last resort to get rid of Kunio once and for all]].
* LethalChef- After eating the soccer team's curry in one chapter, Kunio attempts to make some with various ingredients to prevent them from finding out it's all gone. Let's just say that Kunio's cooking skills are quite sickening for the team.
* OnlySaneMan: Riki serves as this in the majority of the manga.
* [[RichBitch Rich Jerkass]]: Todou Mamoru.
* ThunderingHerd: In Chapter 9, [[spoiler: after the rival team's defeat, Kunio is chased by the angry soccer club members after Hiroshi accidentally asked him out loud if they forgot [[ItMakesSenseInContext the curry incident]].Cue Kunio's OhCrap.]]
* VillainTeamUp: In one chapter, Riki has assembled [[spoiler: Godai, Gouda, Toudou, the Double Dragon Twins (No, not [[VideoGame/DoubleDragon Billy and Jimmy Lee]]), and Yamada]] to eliminate Kunio so one of them could earn a shot of becoming the star of the manga. They're not villains as they are just antagonistic towards Kunio for different reasons.