''One Piece Wanted'' is a special volume of short stories written by a teenaged Creator/EiichiroOda long before his work with ''One Piece''. Some elements of these stories were later re-used by Oda in his later work. The five stories are:
* ''[[TitleDrop Wanted]]'': It tells the story of Gill Bastar, an extremely skilled gunslinger who has killed a lot of men (all of them in self defense) and now has to deal with the ghost of a vengeful bounty hunter who needs him dead.
* ''God's Present to the Future'': Bran is a skilled pickpocketer, so incorrigible that God himself decide to kill him by [[DisproportionateRetribution dropping a meteor on him.]] But he writes down the name of a large shopping mall instead. So it's up to Bran to prevent a disaster and find a solution.
* ''Demon's Night Parade'': The young monk Guko is looking for his master, a wise and powerful demon-hunting monk. However he's asked by the people of a remote village to help them against the evil Cannibal Ghoul who's infesting the woods around the village.
* ''Monsters'': A story about the young samurai Ryuuma (a [[Manga/OnePiece Zoro prototype]].) who aims to be the strongest swordsman in the land, a mysterious knight and master fencer Cirano and a legendary horn which can summon a dragon.
* ''Romance Dawn'': A prototype of ''One Piece'', where the main character (Monkey D. Luffy) has to help the young girl Anne to save her pet bird Baloon from the wicked captain Spiel the Hexagon.
!!''Wanted'' contains examples of:
* AbsurdlySharpBlade: Ryuuma's sword can slice bronze statues in half.
* AntiHero: Gill, Bran, Guko and maybe Ryuuma as well.
* ArtEvolution: The first story has low-quality drawings, but it gets better later.
* ArtifactOfDoom: The Notebook of Doom ([[Manga/DeathNote sounds familiar?]]), owned by God himself and temporary lend to Bran. Whatever is written on it with the [[DoomyDoomsOfDoom Pen of Doom]] will happen. It can be nullified only by the [[RuleOfThree Eraser of Doom.]]
* BadAss: Ryuuma and Gill.
** BadAssNormal: Bran. [[spoiler: Seriously, he managed to pickpocket ''GOD'' himself!]]
** BadassGrandpa: Luffy's Grandpa.
* BadBoss: Spiel burn alive on of his members for losing to Anne.
* BerserkButton: Don't talk loudly about Spiel's head shape...
* [[spoiler: BitchInSheepsClothing: Cirano]].
* BreakTheCutie: Poor Flare....
* CanonImmigrant: Ryuuma in OnePiece.
* CassandraTruth: No one believes Bran at first.
* CompositeCharacter: Ryuuma is part Luffy, part Zoro.
* TheDragon: A Literal one for [[spoiler: Cirano.]]
* DropTheHammer: Spiel hides a large hammer in his broom.
* EvilSorcerer: Spiel, who apparently uses "magic" and can fly on a broomstick.
* FourEyesZeroSoul: Sino Phoenix.
* GunsAkimbo: Gill.
* ImplausibleFencingPowers: Ryuuma.
* ImprobableAimingSkills: Gill and Sino.
* InformedAbility: The powers of the kami in Guko's story are unknown (but he said that kamis can't interfere with human business). [[spoiler: Also Cirano's swordsmanship.]]
* JerkAss: Bran. [[spoiler: Also Cirano under his facade.]]
* JerkAssGod: God.
* KatanasAreJustBetter: Ryuma has a katana.
* OurDragonsAreDifferent: Is huge and quite fat. [[spoiler: It gets beheaded in one hit by Ryuuma.]]
* PlayingWithFire: Spiel.
* PsychoForHire: Sino Phoenix, a dangerous killer, was hired to stop Gill.}
* RubberMan: Luffy, of course.
* RuleOfCool: WordOfGod said that Monster was made because Oda wanted to draw a samurai killing a Dragon.
* TakeALevelInBadass: Guko.
* TranquilFury: Ryuma, after [[spoiler: he learns the truth about Cirano and [[BreakTheCutie Flare breaks down in tears]]]].
* [[spoiler: YouKilledMyFather: The Cannibal ate Guko's master Koshin.]]