Mizuki Konno is your typical high school junior at Yanno Prefectual High School. Like many teens her age she is studying hard for college and when she has some down time she likes to fuss over fashion and make-up. While she may not be one of the class elites, Mizuki is fortunate to be on the right side of her class's idols. But that might not settle well with those who are in a similar academic status but not so lucky with their social lives.
!!Limit contains examples of:
* [[AbusiveParents Abusive Parent]]: Morishige's dad.
* TheAce: Kamiya
* AdultFear: [[spoiler: A bus full of kids falls off a cliff, killing all but six of them. The ones who survive fight and kill each other, [[MindRape mentally torture each other]], and the rescue teams can find literally nothing when they go searching for the children. The parents of said children can't do anything but sit and wait]].
* AlphaBitch: Sakura
* AlwaysSecondBest: Haru sees herself as always second to Konno, no matter how hard she tries.
* BreakTheCutie: [[spoiler: Usui]].
* CharacterDevelopment: Konno changes from someone who cared mostly about herself and looked down on people who were "weaker" than her to a much more sympathetic character who tries to understand the people around her better in order to not accidentally hurt them like she did with Haru.
** Morishige also gets a little bit, though not as much as some of the other characters.
* ChekhovsGun: The scythe.
** Usui's personal alarm.
** The driver's lighter.
* CreepyCrows: How Konno and Kamiya found [[spoiler: Usui's body]]
* DarkAndTroubledPast: Morishige was (and would still be had the crash not happened) [[spoiler: the victim of [[AbusiveParents abuse at home]]]]. Part of why she's so intent on being in control all the time and why she was so afraid of [[spoiler: Hinata.]]
** Konno was the victim of some pretty harsh bullying in middle school after trying to stick up for her friend who ended up betraying her anyways, which just makes her treatment of Morishige all the worse.
* DespairEventHorizon: [[spoiler: Haru]] crosses this after she's accused of [[spoiler: murdering Usui.]]
* DrivenToSuicide: [[spoiler: Morishige]]. She fails.
* DrivingQuestion: [[spoiler: Who killed Usui?]]
* EstablishingCharacterMoment: The entire opening sequence is to establish Konno's character, what her view of the world is and why she acts the way she acts.
** We get two more right after [[spoiler: the bus crash]]. First, we get Morishige's character by her reaction to [[spoiler: Sakura's death]] and her actions towards the other characters. After that we get shown Kamiya's by her lack of emotion, be it fear or happiness, at [[spoiler: the death of HER ENTIRE CLASS.]]
** [[spoiler: Hinata]] gets one via Konno's flashbacks and the other characters' reactions to his arrival.
* FanService: Or lack thereof. This manga has literally no fanservice. Anywhere.
* FaceHeelTurn: [[spoiler: Hinata]]
* FlashBack: Used to tell backstory. Most notable is when it's used to tell about Konno's backstory.
* ForcedPrizeFight: Morishige sharpens a stick and throws it to Haru and Konno telling them to fight to decide who will be the slave.
* FortuneTeller: Morishige attempts to do this using Tarot Cards [[spoiler: and most of her predictions actually end up being correct]].
* GenkiGirl: Konno.
* GirlPosse: Konno was part of one, with Sakura being [[AlphaBitch the leader]] until the [[spoiler: bus crash killed all of them except her and Haru]]
* HarmfulToMinors: Oh so much.
* HeroicBSOD: Happens to Haru a few times but the most obvious is right before she crosses the DespairEventHorizon after being accused of [[spoiler: murdering Usui.]]
** Everybody gets one after they discover [[spoiler: Usui's body]].
* HeroicSacrifice: Konno tries to do this for Haru to keep her from becoming the slave, except it doesn't work. Instead, Morishige praises her for her sacrifice and makes Haru the slave, [[MindRape just to mess with her]].
* ImprobablyFemaleCast: Every main character is female, at least until Hinata shows up.
* JerkAss: Morishige, although not without reason.
* LiarRevealed: When [[spoiler: Hinata]] reveals that he's the one who [[spoiler: killed Usui]] and has been telling lie after lie to try to cover it up. And yet somehow you still [[SympatheticMurderer feel sympathetic towards him]].
* MindRape: Morisage does this to Haru on multiple occasions.
* NoSympathy: Haru feels this way towards Morishige.
* OnlyCoolPeopleMatter: Inverted. Morishige, the person with the least amount of Cool Points ends up essentially ruling over the people who used to be cool. At least the ones who aren't [[spoiler: dead yet]]. It's even mentioned by both Konno and Morishige that "they aren't at school any more" and social standing and coolness mean nothing. This is [[ForeShadowing foreshadowed]] when we see Morishige pull The Hanged Man while doing her tarot routine.
* PlotArmor: Konno manages to survive a bus crash, drowning, and attempted murder (on multiple occasions). The other characters [[AnyoneCanDie aren't so lucky]].
* TheQuietOne: Morishige was the quiet loner in the class. Then [[spoiler: Sakura died]] and her personality [[AlphaBitch completely changed]].
* SnowballLie: [[spoiler: Hinata's]] whole story. [[spoiler: He starts out by saying that he never ran into Usui or anybody else when, in fact, he did and was responsible for her death. He then tells more lies to cover up that one and more to cover up those. Kamiya is the one to eventually call him on it after he mentions the bandage on Usui's leg. She asks him how he knew about the bandage if he never saw Usui. After he's caught trying to kill Konno, he gives up entirely on trying to pretend that he's innocent. He explains to them about meeting Usui in the woods and accidentally killing her and about taking the scythe. It actually becomes a bit of a TearJerker moment when you realize he really did want to be a nice guy and help them all go home together]].
* SympatheticMurderer: [[spoiler: Hinata]]
* WeJustNeedToWaitForRescue: Kamiya says this is the only thing they can do in their current situation.
* WhamEpisode: [[spoiler: The bus crash]] about halfway through Volume 1.
** In volume 3 [[spoiler: Usui's death]]
** When Konno discovers [[spoiler: the location of the scythe]].
** later in the same volume it's revealed that [[spoiler: Hinata]] was the one who killed [[spoiler: Usui]].
* WhamShot: Several. First one is in Volume 1 when Konno opens her cell phone and you can see [[spoiler: the mountain of dead classmates behind her]]. Another is when we get a full two pages devoted to a picture of [[spoiler: Hinata saving Konno from drowning]]. And then there's Volume 5. About halfway through, Konno finally realizes that [[spoiler: Hinata was the one who killed Usui]]. She begs him to tell her she's wrong and he hugs her. So you think that he's going to say that it's alright and he wasn't [[spoiler: the murderer]]. But no, instead we cut to his back where [[spoiler: the scythe is tied]] and realize that a. [[spoiler: Hinata was the killer]] and b. [[spoiler: that he'd had the scythe on him the ENTIRE TIME, which was why he was against the whole stripping to prove your innocence idea that Konno came up with.]]
* WolfInSheepsClothing: [[spoiler: Hinata]].