''Hybrid Child'' is a BoysLove manga by JunjouRomantica's creator Creator/ShungikuNakamura. It is consisted of three interrelated oneshots revolving around the eponymous Hybrid Child, dolls that can gain emotions and grow when given human affections. The first story is about a good-natured but lazy young man with the abandoned Hybrid Child he adopted, the second is about a former soldier, and the last covers the backstory of the creator of the Hybrid Children.
This manga is licensed and available in English.
An anime adaptation was announced in 2011. The anime cast differs from the drama cd cast.
!!''Hybrid Child'' presents examples of:
* BelligerentSexualTension: Kuroda always teased and put down his love interest Tsukishima, to which the latter responded violently.
* CannotSpitItOut: Kuroda and Tsukishima clearly loved each other but they never seemed able to express their feelings directly [[spoiler:until their final moments together]].
* DeclarationOfProtection: Kotaro to Hazuki, somewhat Yuzu to Seya, and both Kuroda and Tsukishima to each other (no matter how much they don't want to admit it).
* GoodOldRobot: Kotaro's family often throws Hazuki because hes an older model but Kotaro always finds him, brings him home, and doesn't want a newer model.
* HeroicSacrifice: Tsukishima took the responsibility and committed seppuku to save his clan after they lost the war.
* MagicalRealism: The setting is reminiscent of Meiji era but nothing less than magic can explain the existence of the Hybrid Children.
* ReplacementGoldfish: The prototype Hybrid Child created by Kuroda looked just like his dead lover. His friend Seya was justifiably disturbed.
* ShellShockedVeteran: Seya is tormented by what he saw and did in the war.
* StarcrossedLovers: Kuroda and Tsukishima.
* UnresolvedSexualTension: All the couples really, there's no clear line drawn and the endings are pretty much left open [[spoiler:except Kuroda and Tsukishima at the end of the third oneshot.]]