A SpinOff of the ''Franchise/CodeGeass'' franchise, ''Oz the Reflection'' follows the stories of two different protagonists, Orpheus Zevon and Oldrin Zevon, twin siblings both nicknamed "Oz". Written by Shigeru Morita of Studio Nue, each protagonist stars in their own series.
The photo story in Hobby Japan centers around Orpheus Zevon, a young terrorist with the Knightmare Frame (KMF) Byakuen who is in pursuit of his lover's killer. The manga in Newtype Ace revolves around Oldrin Zevon, a girl in the Britannia Empire's anti-terrorist unit Glinda Knights who pilots the KMF Lancelot Grail. A PictureDrama was released on January 10th 2013 attached to that month's issue of Newtype Ace.
The story begins when Oldrin and Orpheus meet in person in the Middle East...
''Oz the Reflection'' is one of two canon spinoffs following the Code Geass revival. The other, ''Anime/CodeGeassAkitoTheExiled'', also occurs in the same timeframe.
* AceCustom: Loads of them for both sides.
* AmbiguouslyGay: Marrybell is pretty damn affectionate towards Oldrin. Sometimes it stretches to areas that... must be seen to be believed (see LesYay on the YMMV page).
* ArrangedMarriage: There is one between Leonhart and Marika. Though, they are actually in love.
* BigGood: Marrybell is in charge of the Glinda Knights.
* ClothingDamage: Oldrin, Marika, Marrybel, Oldrin...
* DangerouslyShortSkirt: Oldrin.
* DarkAndTroubledPast: Orpheus suffers through one; Princess Marrybel also suffers through another.
* GambitPileup: Everyone attached to the Geass cult.
* IJustWantMyBelovedToBeHappy: Clara in a twisted way.
* KnightTemplarParents: By the bulk. VV is shown to be one too.
* TheEmpire: Britannia, self-righteously so.
* TheWarOnTerror: Marrybel declared war on all terrorists, not only the Black Knights, in a somewhat realistic way.
* LethalChef: Marika is known as one because she put too much pepper in a dish she made for Leonhart once.
* PragmaticAdaptation: Both the manga and photo novel have very different version of the events in Béjaïa base. The manga featured out-and-out battles, where Orpheus demolished both Leon and Tink, whereas in the novel it was a more quiet, stealthy afair. Both ended in a draw between the Byakuen and Lancelot Grail though. Furthermore, Orpheus tried slitting Oldrin's throat in the manga, whereas it was the other way around in the novel.
** Furthermore, the novel has an alternate version of ''Anime/CodeGeassAkitoTheExiled'''s first episode, taking place in St. Petersburg instead of a forest.
* MadeOfIron: Leonhardt, Oldrin and Tink took a lot of injuries each in their first battle, though survived to fight again. Later it's revealed Leonhardt undertook extensive surgery and was implemented with various synthetic parts, and Tink was already a cyborg since several years ago.
* MsFanservice: Every girl.
* TheReveal: [[spoiler:Wizard is Oiaguro Zevon, Oldrin and Orpheus' uncle.]]
* ShoutOut: To the WizardOfOz, of all things.
* SpinOff: The second canonical one, behind ''Anime/CodeGeassAkitoTheExiled''.
* TomboyishName: "Oldrin" isn't the sorta name you'd expect a girl to have, really.