''Tropes to do with the atmosphere and weather, be it artificial or natural.''
A sub-index of TropesOfNature. See also ElementsOfNature.
* ArtificialOutdoorsDisplay: The "outdoors" is artificial.
* AtmosphereAbuse: Trying to kill Earth's population by messing with or getting rid of the atmosphere.
* BigStormEpisode: An episode focusing on a big storm.
* BizarreSeasons: The seasons change randomly or don't work the way ours do.
* UsefulNotes/BritishWeather: A Useful Notes page for the weather in Great Britain.
* CarcassSleepingBag: Sleeping inside a dead animal.
* CatchYourDeathOfCold: The weather makes you catch a cold.
* ClimacticVolcanoBackdrop: Fighting in a volcano.
* ColdSnap: It's cold for an episode.
* DaylightHorror: The sun shines during a horror arc.
* DeadlyDustStorm: Dust storms are ''really bad''.
* DefogOfWar: Defogging the FogOfWar.
* DoNotTouchTheFunnelCloud: Tornadoes are safe as long as you don't touch the funnel.
** FunnelCloudJourney: Areas that take place ''inside'' the tornado.
** TrailerParkTornadoMagnet: Tornadoes in trailer parks.
* EmpathicEnvironment: The weather responds to mood.
** AgainstTheSettingSun: Declaring determination while facing the sunset.
** AlwaysNight: The work takes place always at night.
** BattleInTheRain: Fighting in the rain.
** CaughtInTheRain: AliceAndBob get caught in the rain, leading to them having sex or kissing while sheltering.
** CueTheSun: The sun comes out conveniently.
** CyberpunkWithAChanceOfRain: It's always cloudy or rainy in CyberPunk settings.
** DeathsHourglass: An actual clock that counts down until someone dies.
** DelayedSeasons: An episode is set on the date it is aired rather than filmed.
** DramaticThunder: Thunder happens during a scary scene.
** DramaticWind: Gusts of wind PlayedForDrama.
** GraveClouds: It's cloudy at a cemetery.
** GrayRainOfDepression: It's rainy during a sad scene.
*** CueTheRain: It rains at an inappropriate (or sometimes appropriate) moment.
*** ItAlwaysRainsAtFunerals: Rain during a funeral.
*** PersonalRaincloud: A sad character has a raincloud over them.
** HeatWave: A very hot day.
** HotWind: Wind blows the hair of a character someone else is sexually attracted to.
** IndianSummer: Summer lasts into autumn.
** ItsAlwaysSunnyAtFunerals: Sun at a funeral.
** LightningReveal: Lightning reveals something in the dark.
** OminousFog: Fog makes everything creepy.
*** AFoggyDayInLondonTown: I's always foggy in London.
*** FogOfDoom: Someone dies or is in danger of dying in the fog.
*** FogOfWar: You can't see a game map due to the fog.
** PartlyCloudyWithAChanceOfDeath: It rains on a dead person.
** RaysFromHeaven: Sunlight is associated with heaven, God, or Jesus.
** RedSkyTakeWarning: If the sky is red it means doom.
** RedemptionInTheRain: Redemption happens while it's raining.
** RidingIntoTheSunset: Character goes off into the distance while the sun is setting.
** RomanticRain: It rains on a romantic scene.
** SnowMeansDeath: When someone dies, it snows.
** SnowMeansLove: Romance in the snow.
** SpoofingInTheRain: Parodying on Singing In the Rain.
** AStormIsComing: ForeShadowing done by an oncoming storm.
* EndlessDaytime: The sun doesn't set.
* EndlessWinter: Winter that lasts forever or for a very long time.
* ExposedToTheElements: Characters are underdressed for cold weather, but this is ignored.
* FearOfThunder: Character is scared of thunderstorms.
* FertileFeet: When a character takes a step, flowers grow.
* FisherKing: What happens to the ruler happens to their land.
* FirstSnow: Character experiences snow for the first time.
* GiantWallOfWateryDoom: A tsunami.
* HappyRain: It rains on a happy scene.
* HolidayAppropriateWeather: It's always appropriate weather for a holiday.
* HopeSproutsEternal: Seedlings are inspiring.
* HostileWeather: The weather is actively antagonistic towards the characters, whether due to improbable coincidence, [[GeniusLoci having an actual mind of its own]], or [[WeatherManipulation artificial]] [[WeatherControlMachine manipulation]].
* HostileTerraforming: Making a planet suitable for aliens, but in the process making it unsuitable for the natives.
* ImprovisedUmbrella: Using something else as an umbrella.
* InstantThunder: Thunder and lightning at the same time.
* ItWasADarkAndStormyNight: The story begins with a dark and stormy night.
* LyingOnAHillside: Lying on a hillside remembering stuff.
* MelancholyMoon: Looking at the moon means a character is sad.
* MysteriousMist: Mist is mysterious.
* NatureTinkling: Using the outdoors like a toilet.
* PerpetualStorm: Storms that last unusually long.
* ThePowerOfTheSun: Power that comes from the sun.
* RainAura: A glow around rained-on objects.
* RainOfSomethingUnusual: It's raining non-water.
* RainRainGoAway: Nobody likes the rain.
* RegionalRedecoration: Better redraw the map.
* SeasonalBaggage: Seasons as a plot device.
* SittingOnTheRoof: Sitting on the roof, thinking.
* SnowMeansCold: When it's cold it snows.
* SpringIsLate: Whenever the beginning of spring is still like winter, something is off.
* TalkAboutTheWeather: Discussing the weather as small talk.
* ThatCloudLooksLike: Clouds shaped like objects.
* ThunderEqualsDownpour: Rainstorms happen all at once.
* WatchingTheSunset: A couple, character, or group watching the sunset because they are either very happy or very sad.
* WeatherControlMachine: Machine which controls the weather.
* WeatherDissonance: The weather is wrong.
* WeatherManipulation: Being able to change the weather.
* WeatherOfWar: Weather affecting a fight.
** WinterWarfare: Wars in the weather.
* WeatherReport: [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin The weather report.]]
* WeatherReportOpening: The first words in the story are about the weather.
* WeatherSavesTheDay: A sudden change in the weather saves the heroes.
* WeirdWeather: Strange weather as a plot device.
* WetMeansDefeated: If someone is soaking wet they are defeated.
* WhenItRainsItPours: Never slight rain.