An international team embarks on an expedition to the moon in an uncommonly spacious rocketship. There they encounter a faceless alien intelligence who concludes that the human race is too immature and dangerous and must be destroyed.
For the ''Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000'' episode see ''[[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S05E24TwelveToTheMoon here]]''.
!!This film contains examples of the following tropes:
* AmericaSavesTheDay: Averted. The American captain is nominally the hero, but the German guy, the Soviet guy, the Polish/Israeli guy, and the Japanese woman are actually all far more critical to escaping the clutches of the moon aliens.
* TheAtoner: Heinrich, not a Nazi himself, but wracked by guilt because his father was.
* BatmanCanBreatheInSpace: Two of them notice the rubber gasket on their EverythingSensor moving.
-->"There must be air." [Test this theory by taking off their helmets]
* BearHug: The FrenchJerk tries to hug the Soviet to death when he won't join his EvilPlan.
* BrokenAesop: So was it the PowerOfLove or the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction that made the aliens back off? Then again, maybe the Aesop is that you need both.
* CaptainObvious: After they've been chased off the Moon by mysterious aliens. "I feel that I must explain to you. There is something wrong, something unexplainable."
* DeathFromAbove: The meteor shower.
* DeflectorShields: The "magnetic meteorite deflectors". Let's hope any incoming rocks are mostly metal!
* DirtyCommunists: Completely averted. Orloff, identified explicitly as being from the Soviet Union, angrily condemns FrenchJerk Martel's suggestion to let North America be frozen by moon aliens. He then attempts to beat down Martel in order to stop him, despite having second-degree burns all over his hands.
* DramaticPause: "I don't believe there are any...Moon People. Do you?"
* DrawingStraws: To decide who pilots the space taxi.
* FirstNameBasis: "It's the first time you've called me David."
* FrenchJerk: Martel who wants to let America freeze so Europe will dominate the world. Even the Soviet character was portrayed as having basic honor and dignity, and this was a movie made more or less at the height of the RedScare.
* GoldFever: As usual there's gold on the Moon, though they're more enraptured by the Meddia stone.
* HarmlessFreezing / NoEndorHolocaust: Apparently everyone flash-frozen on Earth has just been placed in suspended animation, and not been harmed.
* KillItWithIce: The Moon aliens flash-freeze North America.
* KnockoutPunch: One punch from the American takes down a knife-wielding Frenchie.
* MagicalNativeAmerican: In the same spirit -- it's the Nigerian crewman whose SpiderSense tells him there's evil about.
* NarratingTheObvious: A member of the crew (not TheCaptain) records the events as they happen. Unfortunately this becomes a CaptainObvious Log for the audience, who can see it happening at the same time.
-->''[While being bombarded by meteors]'' "We are constantly being bombarded by falling rocks."
* NiceJewishBoy / BadassIsraeli: David.
* NewMeat: Rod, the nineteen-year-old TeenGenius in mathematics.
* NoOSHACompliance: The heavy lead in the boots of the man sucked under the pumice dust, apparently so he could walk normally in the low Moon gravity.
* NorseByNorsewest: Naturally its the blonde Swedish doctor and her beau who teach the aliens the PowerOfLove.
* NotEvenBotheringWithTheAccent: David again, who is introduced as born in Poland and currently living in Israel, apparently mastered the art of speaking with the most perfectly flat American Midwestern accent ever.
* OddFriendship: David and Heinrich, once they put that whole Holocaust thing behind them.
* TheSquadette: Averted with two women, though there's ten men.
* [[FiveTokenBand Twelve Token Band]]
* TwoferTokenMinority: Hideko, female and Asian.