The Pendragon Legend (''A Pendragon legenda'') is a novel written by Hungarian author Antal Szerb. It begins with [[AuthorAvatar Bátky]] [[RenaissanceMan János]] getting an invitation from the Earl of Gwynedd, Owen Pendragon to a Welsh castle, to study the wast library of the family. [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin As expected]], the peaceful scholar is mixed up in mysterious events all surrounding legends about the Pendragon family, especially those to do with Asaph Christian, alchemist and member of the rosicrucian movement.//
Full of humour, [[AffectionateParody affectionate parodies]], [[GeniusBonus hints on culture]], and a generally easy and breezy style.
!! ThePendragonLegend provides examples of:
* AffectionateParody: If we'd try to list everything and everyone this novel has an affectionate parody of, we'd be here all day.
* AuthorAvatar: Bátky.
* [[spoiler: DeathBySex: Shortly after their second time together with Bátky, Eileen is killed.]]
* DumbMuscle: Mallory appears to be this- adventurous, athletic, prone to tall tales, but not very book-wise. [[spoiler: Turns out he's more ObfuscatingStupidity.]]
* FemmeFatale: Eileen St. Claire.
* GeniusBonus: Several, including hints on the culture of the British Isles and Hungary as well. To say nothing about secret orgaizations like the Freemasons...