The fourth Blender Open Movie project, ''Tears of Steel'' is the movie about saving the world, overwriting memories, and humans interacting with robots. It's also the first one of project's movies that features live actors.
* ArmCannon: The engineers have pulse weapons attached to their wrist.
* ArtificialLimbs: Thom is freaked out by Celia's robotic hand.
* BigNo: The engineer with the broken glasses pulls one of these when the abort button fails.
* BlackDudeDiesFirst: Averted, the black guy is actually the last human shown as a post-credits bonus, and is very much alive.
* ExactlyExtyYearsAgo: It's been 40 years since Thom and Celia broke up.
* FreezeFrameBonus: 6 minutes into the film is a blackboard with all the different memories they've tried to impose on Celia. The board is full of short suggestions like "Interpretive Dance", "Chocolate", and "1. a rose - a. 2 roses - b. a dozen roses".
* HumongousMecha: The mooks. Celia became one too.
* LoveMakesYouCrazy: It appears that Celia became the BigBad because Thom was "freaked out by her robotic hand".
* MoreDakka: The black guy has a really cool machine gun.
* OminousPipeOrgan: The scene is set in a building which seems to be an old abandoned church with a large organ glooming on the wall. It never makes any sound though.
* TimeSkip: The main part of the story happens 40 years after the beginning scene (which is "replayed" later).
* TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture: As usual for a CyberPunk setting.