A WebOriginal series by Lev Yilmaz. The eponymous "tales" in the series are brief reflections on Lev's life or even statements about life in general using anecdotes to give examples. The videos in this series consist of multiple still images in the process of being drawn by Lev (which can be as simplistic as a stick figure or as complex as a portrait of Creator/ClintEastwood), narrated in a very dry, monotone voice.
Lev's Website/YouTube channel can be found [[http://www.youtube.com/user/AgentXPQ here]] and his official website can be found [[http://talesofmereexistence.com/wp/ here]].
Lev also made a book and DVD entitled ''Sunny Side Down: A Collection of Tales of Mere Existence''.
!!This web series contains examples of:
* AuthorAppeal: The entirety of "Horny" (shocking, isn't?) and "FOOD". Being anectdotes about his life, this pops up frequently
* BreathlessNonSequitur: A whole string of them in "How to Get Out of a Rut"
** Some [[PotHole squick]] inducing ones in "I Can't Sleep".
* CannotSpitItOut: His "How We Really Didn't Date Each Other" video
* CreatorBreakdown: How to get out of a Rut.
* CringeComedy: His video on why you should never visit your girlfriend while she is at work.
* LoveBeforeFirstSight: Discussed in a [[BlatantLies completely made up situation]] in "How You May Fall For A Girl In Facebook"
* MissingEpisode: [[SubvertedTrope Subverted.]] "How We Really Didn't Date Each Other" was removed from Lev's YouTube channel at one point for "personal reasons," but eventually it was reuploaded due to how many people requested that he put it back.
* OverlyLongGag: Many of the videos are this. Some specific examples.
** "No thanks, Mom, I don't like fish"
** "So I can get my stuff done."
* SarcasmMode: "My Nice Nice Day" video, wich Lev made after a request for him to be more "happy".
* SuspiciouslySpecificDenial; never happens.
** "[...] and then randomly start sending drunk emails to girls he doesn't know - not that I have done this, I just suspect that some modern men do."