Two characters wear any article of clothing that looks exactly like each other, whether it's a t-shirt, pants, hat, uniform, or maybe even a costume. In most cases if both characters discover that the outfit they're wearing is identical, they may become angry about it (especially women) or just shrug it off and go on about their business.
Oftentimes, the real reason that the two characters dress the same is because they were either tricked into it or they didn't realize that the outfit they had was identical to the other.
Subtrope of DressesTheSame. Compare LimitedWardrobe. Not to be confused with WholeCostumeReference.
[[folder: Anime and Manga ]]
* An episode of the ''Anime/LittleLulu'' anime had Tubby and Willy become angry with each other, once they discover that the Indian chief suits that they both bought are identical. They straighten it out and put it behind them in the end.
[[folder: Film ]]
* In ''Film/NotAnotherTeenMovie'', Areola (the naked FunnyForeigner) goes to a party. We see another naked chick there. ANC's friend: "She's wearing your outfit!"
* ''Film/YesterdayWasALie'' [[LampshadeHanging lampshades]] this trope: When Hoyle and Singer show up at an event in the same dress (see AbsoluteCleavage), they both remark that they "don't understand" why it's considered a faux pas. Also, Hoyle and Dudas both wear nearly identical white suits to a bar later in the film.
[[folder: Theatre ]]
* In ''HowToSucceedInBusinessWithoutReallyTrying'', the number "Paris Original" features all the women in the cast going to a party wearing a new Paris Original dress, only to find that they've been scammed and are all wearing the same thing.
[[folder: Live Action TV ]]
* In an episode of ''Series/LizzieMcGuire'', Miranda and [[AlphaBitch Kate]] turn up to school on photo day wearing identical outfits. The latter forms a plan, involving a tub of green paint, to sabotage the former's outfit.
* One episode of ''Series/TheGoldenGirls'' partially centered around Blanche and Dorothy both buying the exact same gown to wear to a formal event, and feuding over it until they both returned it and bought something different.
* In an episode of ''Series/BuffyTheVampireSlayer'', the Scoobies are investigating a club of vampire wanna-bes, and Angel comments that the wanna-bes don't know anything about vampires, like what they are, how they live, or how they dress, and then one guy shows up dressed exactly like Angel.
* When Romana regenerates in ''Series/DoctorWho'', her final choice on an outfit is the exact same outfit as The Doctor's...in pink.
* Used by Skye when she was kicked off "The Bus" on ''Series/AgentsOfSHIELD''; she obtains a leather suit similar to a SHIELD uniform and bluffs her way into having one of the security guards hack a computer for her, since her SHIELD bracelet was blocking her.
[[folder: Western Animation ]]
* In an episode of ''WesternAnimation/FamilyGuy'', Lois is wearing a purple dress to go to a party. Peter walks out of the bathroom wearing the exact same dress and insists that ''one'' of them is going to have to change.