StephenHunt is a British author (born in Canada). His SteamPunk series includes ''The Court Of The Air'', ''The Kingdom Beyond the Waves'', ''The Rise of the Iron Moon'', and ''Secrets of the Fire Sea''.
!!Tropes featured in his works
* TenMinuteRetirement: Jared Black. He just never gets to settle down even though he really wants to.
* AdventurerArchaeologist: Amelia Harsh
* AwesomeMcCoolname: Molly Templar, Amelia Harsh, Purity Drake, Hannah Conquest to name just a few.
* ColdBloodedTorture: Used to manipulate machines in ''The Court of the Air''
* DeathSeeker: Boxiron has shades of this at times.
* EmpathicWeapon: Several. Notably in the Court of the Air, a legendary Steaman weapon is shown to be sentient, and it seems that the others are as well.
* FantasyCounterpartCulture: An England where the EnglishCivilWar resulted in a crushing of the king and the church is avowedly disbelieving in any gods; a France where the FrenchRevolution went on and on and many more.
* GambitPileup: The Secrets of the Fire Sea turns out to be based on one
* KingInTheMountain: Invoked in an allusion
* MechanicalLifeforms: The Steammen were apparently created in the distant distant past as robotic servants, but are now fully sentient living beings, and have their own free state and government.
* PowderKegCrowd: The king is displayed for abuse to disarm it.
* RoyalBlood: A very bad thing to have in the parliamentarian Kingdom of Jackals; royals are deliberately bred and kept around to be abused and vilified.
* TalkingWeapon: Lord Wireburn
* UnableToSupportAWife: Jethro, after ejection from the Circlist church.
* UtopiaJustifiesTheMeans: a lot of major villains start out this way, but go careening off the slippery slope towards the end. It doesn't help that their ideas of utopia are often different from others peoples.