British sitcom starring Steve Coogan as Tommy Saxondale, an ex-roadie turned Stevenage pest exterminator. Having once toured with most of the great rock bands of the 1970s (though not Music/LedZeppelin, [[BlatantLies not that that bothers him]]), Tommy considers himself to be a maverick free-thinker and independent rebel against the 'straights' and the 'squares'; in fact, he's just an opinionated fool with a trigger-hair temper who's [[DiscoDan more than a bit stuck in the past]] and isn't quite the rebel without a cause he likes to make himself out to be. This causes problems for his live-in girlfriend Mags (Ruth Jones), owner of a shop selling 'radical' counter-cultural merchandise, and his quiet lodger Raymond, who find themselves constantly having to dance around his moods. It also means that he's probably not going to be passing the anger management course he finds himself stuck in any time soon, much to his frustration.
!!Provides examples of:
* AnimalWrongsGroup: Tommy encounters a pack of these in the first episode, protesting his clearing a factory of a pigeon infestation. He ends up knee-capping one of them with a pellet gun (partly in self-defence, to be fair).
* BerserkButton: Tommy has... several
* BourgeoisBohemian: Tommy is something of a [[NewAgeRetroHippie New Age Retro Rocker]] at first glance, but he's actually more this trope. He and Mags seem to live in a fairly middle-class suburban neighborhood, he owns his own business, doesn't party like he did in the 70s, wears nice, fuzzy slippers, and thinks having a tidy-up is not selling out.
* BrilliantButLazy: One aspect of Tommy's character, though he's far from lazy and very conscientious about his work. While he sometimes comes across as more of a poseur than an intellectual, he does have a rather sharp mind. Presumably the 70s and his personality foibles have taken their toll on his prospects.
* CampGay: 'Keanu Reeves'.
* DiscoDan: Tommy without question.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: The first series falls into this as the pilot episode features entirely different make-up for Tommy than the other episodes, a different van, an obvious prop dummy in the background at Vicky's office, and other oddities as the pilot was evidently never reshot. The entire first series then seems to invoke this as Tommy's appearance changes somewhat drastically in the second series.
* [[ChubbyChaser Fat Admirer]]: Tommy loves fat women.
* GranolaGirl / SoapboxSadie: Mags can dance around this trope, although despite her shop and hard-left political leanings, she is for the most part sweet, kind and tolerant, if easily ticked off by Tommy's antics..
* HairTriggerTemper: Tommy has anger management issues stemming from his very hard divorce, so whilst he sort-of tries to keep his temper in check, the slightest thing can set him off.
* [[INeverToldYouMyName I Never Told You the Bag Was Green]]: When Tommy tries to get his bag of home movies back from Keanu Reeves.
* ImprobableAimingSkills: Played with: Tommy first tries and fails to shoot a can of lager off a fence with a pellet rifle, using the [[LameExcuse excuse]] "It's out of alignment." Then, borrowing Raymond's pellet pistol, he uses [[GunsAkimbo Guns Akimbo]] to shoot a half dozen cans off the fence in rapid succession.
* ImprobablyCoolCar: Played with; whilst Tommy's '72 Mach One is a pretty nice car, it's also exactly the kind of car a stuck-in-the-past relic like Tommy would be drawn to. It's quite deliberately one of the less-cool Mustangs of the era. It's alluded to in the episode with a Captain Ersatz of Jeremy Clarkson, but what he really wanted was a Shelby. Much like working for Led Zeppelin, it never quite happened.
** Firmly subverted by the Renault Kangoo ('''''not''''' 'Kangaroo') that he drives for work.
* InterruptedSuicide: Tommy saves Martin.
* JerkassHasAPoint: [[Creator/MattBerry Geoff]] [[TheReasonYouSuckSpeech explains why]] Tommy acts out in their anger management group session.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Tommy's a prat, no question, but he genuinely loves Mags.
* KnowNothingKnowItAll: Tommy's pronouncements about various topics are not nearly as intelligent or well-informed as he likes to think they are.
* NietzscheWannabe: Martin
* PornStash: Tommy's "Batcave" has a stack of magazines going back to the 60s.
** "...a bit of a dick"
** Tommy never actually toured with Music/LedZeppelin
* TheCameo: Creator/MattBerry as Geoff
* UnsympatheticComedyProtagonist: Like most of Steve Coogan's characters, although Tommy isn't without his merits.