''Restart at Level One'' may refer to one of the following video game mechanics:
* BagOfSpilling: Abilities and items gained in the first game do not carry over to the sequel.
* ClassChangeLevelReset: Changing jobs causes your level to drop back to level 1.
* ContinuingIsPainful: Losing all of your lives means that you can continue from the current level... [[WithThisHerring without advanced equipment/items gained in prior levels]].
* LevelDrain: An event or an enemy which can make the player's level drop.
* OverratedAndUnderleveled: An ally is known by reputation to possess great power, but in order to not break the game, he inevitably ends up weaker than your main character.
* PrestigeClass: meeting certain criteria lets you trade in your current character sheet for a better one...but the process may overlap with ClassChangeLevelReset.
Please change any links pointing to this article to one of the above.