->"The price of greatness is responsibility."
Responsibility is something that we humans are always expected to accept; it's something that we're supposed to do. Most of the time, responsibility is something we humans always get tired of hearing and [[HumansAreBastards could care less about it]], which can have some serious consequences. Here are tropes dealing with characters taking responsibility.
* TheAtoner: Taking responsibility to [[HeelFaceTurn turn over a new leaf]].
* BeingGoodSucks: Since being a good person requires responsibility, it can be difficult to bear it.
* TheChainsOfCommanding: Being a leader is tough responsibility.
* ChronicHeroSyndrome: Being accountable for saving everyone's lives.
* ComesGreatResponsibility: A hero is responsible for using its powers for good.
* ConscienceMakesYouGoBack: Leaving someone in trouble, but takes responsibility in helping them anyways.
* FoolishSiblingResponsibleSibling: One sibling takes responsibility whereas the other one doesn't.
* ItsAllMyFault: A character believes that he is responsible for something he didn't do.
** GuiltComplex: This character believes that he's responsible for ''everything'' bad happening.
* LawfulGood: Great responsibility in upholding the law and doing good.
* LawfulNeutral: Great responsibility in upholding the law.
* MustMakeAmends: Taking responsibility to fix a serious mistake.
* NeverMyFault: Characters avoid taking responsibility and always blames others.
* PassingTheTorch: The hero passes on the responsibility of heroism to a successor.
* PersonalGainHurts: Putting personal interests before responsibility isn't a good thing.
* ProdigalHero: The hero returns home to take responsibility.
* PromotionToParent: An older sibling takes responsibility to take care of their younger sibling or siblings.
* SamaritanSyndrome: Feeling responsible for not saving someone they thought they have.
* SlidingScaleOfLeadershipResponsibility: The scale of the most responsible and the least responsible leaders.