[-[[caption-width-right:350:Her FairyGodmother went UpToEleven in [[GorgeousGarmentGeneration making this]].]]-]
Fancy, expensive clothing, used usually to show off the wealth of the wearer, to show that a character [[ConspicuousConsumption just made an extravagant purchase]], or [[GarnishingTheStory just because they look cool and/or pretty]].
Sometimes these outfits are fancy enough to be CostumePorn, which [[Administrivia/TropesAreFlexible can range between]] outfits that are [[SimpleYetOpulent elegantly simple]], to outfits so overdone they become ImpossiblyTackyClothes (and some [[IWasQuiteAFashionVictim fancy clothes of the past can seem that way]]).
Or they can range from higher quality versions of normal clothes, to an ImpracticallyFancyOutfit.
Heck, in the past, even certain colors could make clothing opulent due to the rarity of natural dyes.
Now some of these tropes can include lower cost versions (which is common today in RealLife), but "the good stuff" is still opulent.
Compare BigFancyCastle, BigFancyHouse, CoolCar.
!!Tropes (where at least a majority of the examples are opulent clothes)
* ErmineCapeEffect (just about wearing these clothes as much as the clothes themsevles)
* GemEncrusted (many examples are clothing)
* GoldMakesEverythingShiny (since this includes gold on clothing)
* ItsFakeFurItsFine (opulence without certain issues)
* KickingAssInAllHerFinery (whatever the fancy outfit, she can fight in it)
* NiceHat (since the majority are fancy)
* OminousOperaCape (even for villains, it's a fancy accessory)
* SimpleYetOpulent (in that many examples are clothing)
* StylishProtectionGear (even if the standard protection gear can cost a lot)