''Odd Girl Out'' is a 2005 made-for-TV teen drama film starring [[SpyKids Alexa Vega]], Leah Pipes and Lisa Vidal. Vega plays Vanessa, a 14-year-old student who is ostracised by her friends and relentlessly bullied to extreme measures. Her mother is fully aware of the bullying and struggles to fight against it, despite the faculty's indifference to many of the attacks.
!This film provides examples of:
* AdultsAreUseless: Apart from Vanessa's mother, all other adults allow the bullying to continue. The teachers ignore it, Stacy's mother insists Vanessa is overreacting and the principal doesn't take action until [[spoiler: Vanessa's suicide attempt]].
* AlphaBitch: Nikki, though Stacy is the leader of the group.
* BackstabbingTheAlphaBitch: While Vanessa's original status as AlphaBitch is debatable, Tiffany is outside the clique at the start and immediately moves herself in to take part in the bullying once Vanessa has been kicked out.
* BitchInSheepsClothing: Stacy.
* BittersweetEnding: While neither Tiffany nor Nikki are punished, Stacy did got chewed out by Vanessa and survived her suicide attempts while overcoming them.
* BlackBestFriend: Emily becomes this for Vanessa.
* BlondGuysAreEvil: Played with. Blond Tony is a nice guy, though blond Ezra is a dickhead.
* BlondesAreEvil: Also played with. Blond Tiffany is just a desperate wannabe so her participation in the bullying is likely just survival.
* ColorCodedForYourConvenience: The school's lighting is unbelievably dark, obviously to symbolise the type of environment it is.
* CoolLoser: Emily.
* DespairEventHorizon: After being stood up for a party by her former friends, [[spoiler:Vanessa deliberately overdoses on sleeping pills]].
* TheDragon: Nikki to Stacy.
** Really DragonInChief
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Stacy is pretty shocked [[spoiler: at Vanessa's suicide attempt]]. Nikki not so much.
* FilleFatale: We're told that Nikki loves playing with the emotions of boys who like her
* FormerFriendOfAlphaBitch: Vanessa and Stacy have been best friends since childhood, though Stacy inexplicably turns on her through Nikki's influence.
* TheGhost: Vanessa's father, who is only "seen" through phone calls.
* HollywoodPudgy: Invoked by the girls, who deliberately make fun of Vanessa's weight, despite her looking very healthy for her age.
* JerkJock: Nikki is actually a female example, playing on the soccer team.
* KarmaHoudini: Nikki gets away scot free. Stacy gets a verbal smackdown laid on her by Vanessa, but Nikki is not punished at all when she's arguably more evil than Stacy. By all rights she could realistically get a jail sentence for all she does in the film.
* KidsAreCruel: And how.
* LovableJock: Tony, the boy Vanessa and Stacy like. Vanessa and Emily also count, being soccer players.
* SchoolBullyingIsHarmless: Averted and how!
* ShutUpHannibal: Emily does this to Stacy after [[spoiler:Vanessa's suicide attempt]].
* TheReasonYouSuckSpeech: Stacy got the receiving end from Vanessa.
* ThereAreNoTherapists: Vanessa's insecurities are all solved by a long talk with her mother and confronting the bullies.
* TraumaticHaircut: After Vanessa overhears the girls making fun of her hair, she chops a lot of her hair off. When she shows up to school with her new hairstyle, the other girls post various cruel taunts about her hair on the Web site.
** In a weird way it doubles as an ImportantHaircut because it's Vanessa chopping off her hair that makes her mother take note of what her daughter might be going through.
* WomanScorned: Stacy and Nikki start to turn against Vanessa when Tony shows interest in her instead of in Stacy.