A work of fiction by someone named Kadyastar from the VideoGame/SuperMarioWorld editing site [[http://www.smwcentral.net SMWCentral]]. It is set ExtyYearsFromNow into TheFuture, where the character wakes up with no memories whatsoever. Apparently his healing process was botched and it accidentally erased his memory. He learns of how safe it is inside the walls of the seven cities, and how the rest is controlled by the vicious and hateful Outlanders. He makes friends with Max, the son of an Administrator, Sanein. Slowly, flashbacks reveal his past to him in dark patches. He learns yet more from Sanein, who has proven to be kinder than one would think. Then he is unexpectedly set back to square one, going through a memory-wiping process... and yet he still remembers. Sanein whisks him and Max away to the Outlands, where the nameless child learns of his heritage and reputation... it all kinda spirals downhill from there.
Can be found [[http://bin.smwcentral.net/41554/Novel1.rtf here.]]
* [[spoiler: DownerEnding: Metris is captured and tortured until he is assimilated ("Enfranchised").]]
* EasyAmnesia: They have amnesia machines that can give you this, although their effects can wear off.
* FantasticRacism: The Human/Sentiralite conflict devolves into this.
* FauxSymbolism: The work contains an inordinate amount of references to [= SMWCentral's =] hierarchy and staff, but this piece doesn't actually add up to anything.
* HeelRealization: For Metris once he learns that he's Outlander, although he receives it quite dispassionately; a slightly milder one for Max once he realizes that he spent a year with the Outlanders in his childhood. His reaction is, ironically, much more violent. The heel and face are quickly ambiguated, however.
* HiddenBadass: Metris, as he forgot that he [[IKnowKarate knew Kung Fu]] due to EasyAmnesia.
* [[IAmWho I Am Who?]]: In spades. Metris wakes up with no memory whatsoever, and goes on go discover that he is an Outworlder war hero who hated the Sentiralites. He doesn't like this identity, however.
* IdentityAmnesia: Played realistically- having been among the Sentiralites, Metris no longer wishes to fight them.
* IncrediblyLamePun: The inhabitants of [= SMWCentral =] are oft called Centralites.
* TheScourgeOfGod: The Sentiralites are this to the Humans.