-> ''In my restless dreams, I dream that I am eating a giant marshmallow... but then I wake and realize you're smothering me with your favorite pillow.''
The brain child of [=ILikeWaxingOwls=], this utterly surreal series can best be described as "SilentHill Abridged" and he manages the feat of taking a series noted for being dark and disturbing and turning it into something... hilarious and disturbing.
So far SilentHill2, SilentHill3, SilentHill4, VideoGame/SilentHillOrigins, [[SilentHillHomecoming Homecoming]], [[SilentHillShatteredMemories Shattered Memories]] and [[SilentHillDownpour Downpour]] is in the works right now.
A common element of the series is [[AffectionateParody making fun of the entire set up, though the creator is a fan of the games]]. For example the Borley Haunted Mansion is turned into a hilarious experience as the unseen tour narrator comes off as bored and depressed and starts talking about antique furniture for no reason.
It also often features many in-jokes for fans of the series to enjoy, most of them appearing in Noisy Hill 4.
The series can be found [[http://www.youtube.com/user/ilikewaxingowls here]] for your viewing pleasure.
!It provides examples of:
* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: InUniverse, Henry's slightly creepy voyeur habits around Eileen are blown up to insane proportions and his indifferent nature is changed to show him as an uncaring jerk ass.
** Additionally, Douglas' questionable skills are mocked incessantly.
* BreakingTheFourthWall: Henry is freaked out that parts of the game he's in are in first person.
** EVERYONE does this.
** Douglas gives us this gem in response to Heather telling him not to talk:
---> "That would be a boring cutscene."
-->'''Elle:''' (About the missing people board) Every day there are more posters to put up.
-->'''Alex:''' That's because people are going missing.
** Douglas and Heather
-->'''Douglass:''' That monster? What the hell was that?
-->'''Heather:''' It was a monster!
* CatchPhrase: Douglas likes to remind everyone that he's a detective at every possible opportunity.
** Also, "Pillows" for James.
** Heather tries to turn "More like a nightmare I'd say" into one. The other characters aren't impressed.
* CallBack: Travis returns in the second episode of NoisyHill: Homecoming and reveals that he's been stuck on that table the Order strapped him down to for THIRTY YEARS. And that since then he's been running over random girls hoping that one of them is Alessa so he can be in a Silent Hill game again because it's still the best thing that ever happened to him
* CharacterExaggeration: James Sunderland's smothering Mary with a pillow is turned into a psychotic compulsion to do so to everyone. Henry's cluelessness is so great he often comes across as the long lost twin of Sailor Moon Abridged Mina.
* CloudCuckooLander: Vincent. Very much so.
-->'''Vincent:''' Am I looking at you, am I looking at the wall? Who knows, that's just one of my many powers.
-->'''Claudia:''' You'll go to hell!
-->'''Vincent:''' Oh, really? When? Oh, I've been stabbed...Now to get a good look at my attacker. Oh no, it's you! Ohwait, that makes sense.
** James also applies:
--->'''James:''' My name is James. But you can call me James. It's short for [[DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment James]].
--->'''James:''' I have such amazing hands.
--->'''James:''' You see that door over there? That is probably the best door I have seen in my life.
*** Mayor Bartlett too and his belief that a watch will grow into a watch tree. Though that might just be the drink talking...
** Lisa in Noisy Hill Shattered Memories appears to be one.
** Angela also has her moments.
-->'''Angela:''' Now I'm just going to go over and stroke this grave. I like graves. [[DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment When I die I want to be buried near one]].
-->'''Angela:''' I'm sticking the knife into my leg. Owwwww. ''(later)'' Ow. Why did that hurt so much?
* CouldHaveAvoidedThisPlot: Claudia's entire plan.
-->'''Claudia:''' Yes, making you hate me. That's a justifiable reason to kill someone. Because we got along so well when we first met.
* DeadpanSnarker: In Downpour, Murphy is one:
---> '''Anne''': ''(To Murphy, who is in a queue to get on a prison bus)'' Get on the bus.
---> '''Murphy''': Oh, thank God you told me to do that, I don't know what I would have done otherwise.
* DisproportionateRetribution: After Maria shoves James:
--->'''James:''' Did you just shove me?
--->'''Maria:''' No, it was her. ''(Pointing in another direction)''
--->'''James:''' Oh, thank you. ''(Begins to walk away)''
--->'''Maria:''' Wait, where are you going?
--->'''James:''' I'm going to kill her.
--->'''Maria:''' Why are you going to kill her?
--->'''James:''' I don't like being shoved.
** In ''Noisy Hill Origins'':
--> '''Travis:''' How could you leave your daughter?
--> '''Dahlia:''' Well, she was playing with matches, so I set fire to her as punishment.
* TheDitz: Henry. Just Henry. After standing around while Richard is slowly electrocuted by a makeshift electric chair, what does he say?
-->'''Henry:''' Oh look, there's the plug!
** Then there's his belief that the Water Prison is a prison for criminal water...
* EverythingsBetterWithPrincesses: Heather randomly shifts into her Princess Heart costume, usually at the most dramatically inappropriate time.
* GenreSavvy: Eddie, of all people, points out that James comment about how it's "Not safe" is ridiculously obvious, given that they're in a survival horror game.
** Douglas has some pretty savvy moments himself:
--->'''Heather:''' I'll call an ambulance!
--->'''Douglas:''' An ambulance? Oh yes, let's go back to the hospital! Great idea. Even if one did come, GOD ONLY KNOWS what would be driving it.
** And a little later in the same scene:
--->'''Douglas:''' That's a pretty good reason for me to risk your life, while I stay here safe and sound from all those fence obeying monsters.
* GenreBlindness: Heather seems to have no idea that the things around her are dangerous and indeed sometimes seems to barely understand what's going on around her.
* HorribleJudgeOfCharacter: Douglas embodies this trope. "She seems nice enough...once you get past the whole cult aspect of her life."
* InsurmountableWaistHighFence: Averted by the Schisms.
--->'''Elle:''' "We'll be safer underground."
--->'''Alex:''' "Please, these are fence obeying monsters..."
---> *Schisms begin climbing chain-link fence*
--->'''Alex:''' "Oh God, they've learned!"
** James Sunderland is very much this throughout the first Noisy Hill. Perhaps the greatest moment of Jerkass-ness comes when he's talking to Angela on the burning staircase
-->'''James:''' I might catch something. Like INSANITY or something. Heh heh heh. Oh James, you comedian.
** Douglas has a towering moment of Jerkass-ness when Heather is saying her peace to Harry
--->'''Douglas:''' He can't hear you, you know...because he's DEAD!
** Henry Townshend, particularly when the other victims are dying.
* LampshadedDoubleEntendre: Travis's trucker friend hints that 'a girl or two could go a long way, if you know what I mean' in solving his sleeping problems. Naturally, Travis doesn't catch on.
-->'''Travis:''' You mean a long way in my truck?
* LampshadeHanging: James sometimes does this, mostly on how bad some of his dialogue is.
-->'''James:''' (on the burning staircase with Angela) Okay James, you haven't said anything really obvious in a while. Hmmm...it's hot as hell in here.
** Right after the Sepulcher boss fight in Homecoming:
-->'''Alex:''' Now I'm going to combine two of Silent Hill's biggest cliches: passing out ''and'' falling down a hole.
* MythologyGag: When James and Maria are opening the fridge:
-->'''James:''' Wow, I bet you could keep an umbilical cord in here.
-->'''Maria:''' What makes you say that?
-->'''James:''' Oh, just something my dad used to say.
* NoFourthWall: Eddie apparently knows they're in a survival horror game.
** Alex and Elle seem to have this at times too. Though in a Subversion of how this normally plays out in the series, when Alex acknowledges he's in a video game around his father he has no freaking clue what he's talking about
* RunningGag: Heh. Pillows.
** Many aspects of Silent Hill 2 has been turned into running gags...which is itself an in joke on Silent Hill 2 informing much of the mythology of the series.
*** Also Wheeler constantly seeming to die only to turn up alive and well in the next episode in Homecoming
* ShoutOut: Curtis proudly claims that his "Special ability" is being able to fix things. And that when he's not busy with that he spends his time stealing peoples superpowers
* SolveTheSoupCans: Frank Sunderland in Noisy Hill 4: "I have to talk to 5 hanging corpses before I go into my room. Now that is pointless security."
** The series' many puzzles of this nature are hilariously lampshaded in ''Noisy Hill Origins'' part 7:
-->'''Travis:''' You have to open the washing machine by playing Beethoven's Fifth, get the key to the box on the table in the kitchen with the hair inside that goes down the plug to get a hanger that straightens into a lock-picking device.