SpyFiction television show. ManchurianAgent Edward Albright allowed his agency to create a SplitPersonality in his head at the age of 19. Edward was [[FakingTheDead officially dead]], while "Henry Spivey" existed, married, had two kids and worked a normal job. Every time Henry goes on a business trip, [[SuperpoweredEvilSide Edward is revived]], where he lives the secret agent lifestyle, then he [[NeuroVault "goes back to sleep"]], [[AlternateIdentityAmnesia neither the wiser]]. The [[DangerousWorkplace place where Henry works]] maintains more than one Manchurian Agent with a double lifestyle.
Things get tricky when the programming appears to break down and Henry awakens in the middle of Edward's secret mission. He eventually finds out that [[TomatoInTheMirror he's just a creation]] and Edward is the real thing.
* AlternateIdentityAmnesia: Neither Edward nor Henry share memories while the other is in control.
* TheBigBoard: The briefing room monitor.
* CharacterBlog: Okay, not exactly a blog, but the DangerousWorkplace has a [[http://ajsunconsulting.com/ website.]]
* CliffHanger: The series ends on a particularly nasty set of cliffhangers that will likely never be resolved. [[spoiler: The glitch that allowed Henry to wake up during Edward's missions is ready to be fixed, and Henry is ready to be more or less "put to sleep" for good. On their way to fix the glitch, the programmer that will carry it out is suddenly revealed to be dead, and the agency itself goes into a blackout. All of this on top of Raymond's wife catching him murdering someone.]] Doesn't that just suck.
* CovertGroupWithMundaneFront: JANUS' primary cover is that of AJ Sun, a financial consulting company, and their [[ElaborateUndergroundBase HQ]] under its skyscraper. This is additionally subverted in the fact that JANUS' [[ManchurianAgent Manchurian Agents]] don't follow that cover while on missions, only referring themselves to other authorities as "US Intelligence".
* DaChief: Mavis to Edward/Henry, Trumbull to Mavis
* ElaborateUndergroundBase: and a finely furnished one, at that.
* EverythingIsOnline: Traffic cams, security footage, ''voicemails''...
* FirstNameBasis Henry, Mavis (Heller), Tony, Raymond
* FunWithAcronyms: or in this case, anagrams. AJ Sun = JANUS
* GoodSmokingEvilSmoking: Henry doesn't smoke, but Edward does.
* GovernmentAgencyOfFiction: JANUS
* TheGreatPoliticsMessUp: Apparently in the MOWE-verse, the KGB is alive and well despite the collapse of the Soviet Union.
* IHaveYourWife: naturally, or at least the family is threatened
* InMediasRes: Practically all of the episode openings.
* JekyllAndHyde (the entire plot of the show) and MeaningfulName (Edward Hyde and Henry Jekyll. One might argue that "Spivey" is a hint towards spying as well.) In a rather clever twist on the trope, the "Hyde" personality is the original and the "Jekyll" personality is an artificial construct.
* LaserGuidedAmnesia: In the case of terminating an operative, all other instances it's [[FakeMemories Laser Guided Memories]].
* LastNameBasis: (Alistair) Trumbull, Dr.(Norah) Skinner
* LetsHaveAnotherBaby: Henry and Mary.
* MeaningfulName: JANUS, the super-secret spy organization that the Edward personality works for, is a reference to the ancient Roman god Janus, who had two faces.
* TheMenInBlack: Very much so to civilians and other agencies, even if they don't dress the part.
* NoNameGiven: Those two Systems Management guys seen flanking Dr. Skinner.
* OddlySmallOrganization: While it's implied that JANUS has other locations and offices, the only people ever seen working are Mavis, Tony, Edward, Raymond, Dr. Skinner [[AndZoidberg and those guys from Systems Management.]] The only personification of a higher official seen is Trumbull.
* PlayingAgainstType: Former [[NickelodeonGuts Nickelodeon game show host]] and sitcom star Mike O'Malley as agent Raymond Carter. As Tom, Raymond's alter ego, he plays the dad type; but as Raymond, you'd ''never'' expect a sitcom dad to kick enemy butt.
* ProductPlacement: Obvious in the case of Henry's Traverse and Edward's Camaro, mostly subtle with AJ Sun/JANUS' Dell setups.
* SpellMyNameWithAnS: JANUS is pronounced in-show as ''jay-nuss'' as opposed to the more common ''jah-nuss''.
* SigilSpam: Slightly subverted in the fact that JANUS is never given an insignia, but a recurring hexagon motif is associated with them in too many places to count from AJ Sun's helipad to the base's ceiling and briefing desk.
* TalkingToThemself (via video and writing on the hand)
* TomatoInTheMirror: Henry has bouts of dealing with this in the early episodes.
* WallOfWeapons: Conveniently stashed in Edward's hideout.
* ViewerFriendlyInterface: The briefing room monitor, Tony's "billion dollar mainframe" and the [[LaserGuidedAmnesia memory machine]].
* YouSaidYouWouldLetThemGo and ILied (of course)