Micro Nation is an Australian comedy series following the goings-on of the tiny city-state of Pullamawang, which became its own country after they "forgot to send in their paperwork" during the federation of Australia in 1901. Kingess Betty Cosdosca is the childish, ditzy, perpetually clueless and financially irresponsible supreme ruler of 'Pully', joined by her long-suffering daughter Princess Emma, her non-royal consort Paul, her Royal Cabinet, the two-man police/military and an ample supply of feather cannons.
'''The Kingess has decreed that the following tropes apply:'''
* AmazinglyEmbarrassingParents: Kingess Betty may not be sharing toilet-training anecdotes, but she does find ways to embarrass Emma for no reason, like pulling silly faces at her during Royal Cabinet meetings.
* AnythingYouCanDoICanDoBetter: Menzies [=McFadden=] seems to imply this at every opportunity, especially during his no confidence vote. Also subverted in that he probably CAN do better than the Kingess, given her astounding level of incompetence.
* TheAllegedCar: Lampshaded with Billy Mackerel's Wheelbarrow Taxi at the Pullamawang International Terminal.
* BananaRepublic: Strongly implied by the lack of any parliament, congress assembly or other governing body apart from the Kingess's royal cabinet
* BloodOnTheDebateFloor: Averted by Menzies, who seems to be more of a LawfulEvil type than the kind to actually spill any blood.
* BlindSeer: Played straight with Blind Billy Mackerel, despite his bizarre mannerisms.
* InherentInTheSystem: Subverted by exaggerated Aussie stereotypes, dopey citizenry and FlyingByTheSeatOfTheirPants rather than any kind of oppression or violence.
* LoveObstructingParents: Subverted. Emma just met Lindsay and barely likes him, yet Betty is all up in his grill about messing around with her precious snowflake.
* NotSoOmniscientCouncilOfBickering: Subverted and parodied by the Royal Cabinet. Menzies is usually the loudest voice and most frequent dissenter, but most of the cabinet function as cronies and syncophants.
* RelationshipReboot: Lindsay and Emma... only a minute after they meet!
-->'''Lindsay''': Apparently you've all been plunged into debt by some bonkers despot leader?
-->'''Lindsay''': And I heard you all had to, ah, you, you all have to call her the Kingess? Is that for real?
-->'''Emma''': Except for me, I call her Mum. Emma Cosdosca, nice to meet you.''
* RegimeChange: Menzies wants this so badly he's willing to call in help from abroad. Only time will tell if the results of his schemes make him the MagnificentBastard he aspires to be.
* RoyalMess: Averted, given that there's only two royals and no nobles to be seen.
* SleazyPolitician: Averted with Menzies. A scheming bastard to be sure, but his main agenda is toppling the Kingess rather than getting rich.
* WackyParentSeriousChild: Played straight with the Kingess and her daughter.