''Little Red Riding Rabbit'' is a [[TheGoldenAgeOfAnimation 1944]] WarnerBros Merrie Melodies cartoon, directed by FrizFreleng, and starring BugsBunny. This is the first time MelBlanc receives a credit for a cartoon.
It is a parody of the ''LittleRedRidingHood'' story, in which Red, a typical 1940s teenage bobbysoxer with a very loud, grating voice, is bringing a rabbit [Bugs] to her grandma "to have". Of course, a big bad wolf is waiting for them.
This short is also No. 39 on ''The50GreatestCartoons'' list. It also made it onto ''The100GreatestLooneyTunes'' list.
!!Tropes Found in this Cartoon Include:
* AssholeVictim: Red
* TheBadGuyWins: [[spoiler:Bugs, annoyed by Red's interruptions, switches the Big Bad Wolf, who was about to fall onto red hot coals because of all the furniture Bugs threw on him, with Red. Bugs and the Wolf, arms around each other and sharing a carrot, watch proudly as Red soon gets what she deserves.]]
* HeyItsThatVoice: this isn't the first time [[Disney/ThreeLittlePigs Billy Bletcher has voiced the Big Bad Wolf]].
* KickTheSonOfABitch: [[spoiler: Red was being incredibly annoying, so Bugs puts her in the trap he set for the wolf instead]].
* NeverMessWithGranny: Though unseen, Red's grandmother is implied to be a Rosie the Riveter type who was out working a "swing" shift at Lockheed [an aircraft manufacturing company].
* NoCelebritiesWereHarmed[=/=]ShoutOut: Red's voice is inspired by Cass Daley, a comic actress from screen and radio.
* NoIndoorVoice: Red
* PantyShot: Just not the kind you usually expect, given the era.
* RoadSignReversal: The wolf sends Red on the long way to Grandma's house.
* RunningGag: Red interrupting Bugs and the wolf.
* TheRuntAtTheEnd: The wolf finds a bunch of other wolves in Grandma's bed and tells them to beat it. After he lies down he feels something stirring and finds a small wolf left over.
* VerbalTic: Red ends a lot of her lines with the exclamation "Ta' Have!", just another thing that makes her so very ''irritating''.
* WaferThinMint: Bugs is about to add the literal last straw on the pile the wolf is holding when Red interrupts... which to Bugs is the metaphorical last straw.
* WartimeCartoon: Red's grandmother working at an aircraft factory.