''LEGO Battles'' is a RealTimeStrategy game for the NintendoDS devloped by ''Hellbent Games'' and co-developed by ''TT Games'', released June 9 of 2009. The game features a story mode of three different storylines for three themes: Each story features 15 missions, three acts and around 4-6 missions per act. Alongside, each side gains a sub-faction such as the Dwarfs for the King, Trolls for the Wizard, etc. As per any other LEGOAdaptationGame, hilarity is rife in the cutscenes, minikits can be found for special characters and red bricks can be obtained for extras.
!! Examples within the game include:
* ACommanderIsYou: Done in an odd fashion, free play allows you to customize the specific units you use to suit your play-style.
* ActionGirl: The Queen, Sorceress, Lady Pirate, Camilla, Gemma and the Alien Queen.
* AreaOfEffect: The King's earthquake, the Wizard's lightning, etc. Bonus points with the long range magic extra.
* ColorCodedArmies: Blue for the King and Imperials, Red for the Wizard and Pirates, Orange for Gemma, Green for the aliens. The third side in missions tend to be green, unless the aliens are present then it's usually blue.
* DefogOfWar: It can be done through the extras, either to reveal red bricks, minikits, blue studs or even the entire map.
* HeroUnit: A lot of them, along with secret ones the player can unlock
* HeroMustSurvive: Certain missions feature this, along with being unable to construct the building that produces the peons or the hero
* HolidayMode: Playing the game on December 24 or 25 unlocks Santa. Obviously, since it's a console game, one can simply change the DS's time to such to unlock it without penalty.
* InstantMilitia: Peon units of any side don't attack by default, and when ordered to do so, they barely do any damage so consider it a form of CherryTapping.
* KineticWeaponsAreJustBetter: The pirate gunner and the imperial rifleman are able to dish out more damage than the commando or alien laser trooper.
* RidiculouslyFastConstruction: Especially when you have your peons/hero helping with such. It can be taken to instant construction via the extras.
* RockBeatsLaser: It's entirely possible, in freeplay, to have the pirates go up against aliens and win.