[[caption-width-right:350:Don't let the title card fool you -- the canary does not actually look like this in the cartoon itself.]]
A landmark TexAvery cartoon made during his MGM tenure during TheGoldenAgeOfAnimation, voted no. 10 on The50GreatestCartoons list. This oneshot short is centered around a hungry cat who, in an attempt to get more meat out of a pea size canary snack ("Well... I'm sick."), pours a bottle of Jumbo Gro Plant Growth formula on him-only to make him grow to gargantuan proportions. The tables keep turning and turning as one of the other keeps drinking more of the formula as their battle continues. Obviously, HilarityEnsues.
The plot was recycled for the WesternAnimation/SylvesterTheCatAndTweetyBird short ''Hyde and Go Tweet'' in which Tweety Bird accidentally drank [[JekyllAndHyde Dr. Jekyll's formula]], much to Sylvester's confusion.
!!Tropes Used In This Short:
* BornInTheTheater: The mouse tells the cat that he will save his life. He knows because ''he's seen the cartoon before!''
* ChekhovsGunman: The mouse the cat meets early the in short, who promises to save him later. He does.
* EscalatingWar: Between the cat and the canary. And then between the cat and the dog. And ''then'' between the cat and the mouse.
* MouseHole: A train tunnel is used as one later on in the short.
-->'''Mouse:''' [[NonStandardGameOver Ladies and gentlemen, we're gonna have to end this picture. We just ran out of the stuff. Good night.]] ''(the cat and mouse wave to the audience until the IrisOut)''
* SerialEscalation: By the end, the characters have grown so massive [[BatmanCanBreatheInSpace that they are bigger than planet they're standing on!]]
* SimpletonVoice: The cat speaks with one.
* SoWhatDoWeDoNow: Occurs when the cat and mouse run out of the formula and are stuck at the exact same size as each other.
* TinyHeadedBehemoth: As the characaters get bigger from drinking Jumbo-Gro plant food, their bodies become huge and bloated while their heads and limbs remain relatively small.