'''Kate [=DiCamillo=]''' is a American author of children's books. Her works include ''Literature/BecauseOfWinnDixie'', ''The Tiger Rising'', ''Literature/TheTaleOfDespereaux'', ''The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane'', and ''The Magician's Elephant''.
!!Works by Kate [=DiCamillo=] with their own trope pages include:
!!Other works by Kate [=DiCamillo=] provide examples of:
* BigFriendlyDog: Winn-Dixie in ''Because of Winn-Dixie'' (so called because the girl who adopted him first saw him running around inside a Winn-Dixie supermarket).
* FearOfThunder: In ''Because of Winn-Dixie'', the dog is horribly afraid of thunderstorms.
* FracturedFairyTale: In ''The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane'', a character tells a story where the princess, as an animal, ends up killed and stewed because she was unloving.
* AGirlAndHerX: ''Because of Winn-Dixie'' -- a girl and her dog.
* InsubstantialIngredients: In ''Because of Winn-Dixie'', Miss Franny tells the girls that the Littmus Lozenge's secret ingredient is ''sorrow''.
* LivingToys: ''The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane'' is narrated by a China doll, Edward Tulane, as he describes the different owners he encounters (and the persons they assign him) after being lost by his original owner.
* MissingMom: In ''Because of Winn-Dixie'', the main character's mother left when she was three.
* PowerOfLove: What Edward learns in ''The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane''.