''Kaena: The Prophecy'' (also known as ''Kaena: La prophétie'') is a computer animated film created in French-Canadian coproduction.
The titular Kaena is a young [[ParentalAbandonment orphaned]] woman, living with a small tribe on a [[WorldTree humongous plant]] called Axis. While all her kin works hard to collect ''sap'', which is demanded by their [[GodGuise gods]], she explores the world around and brings back stories that clash with the common beliefs. [[AdultsAreUseless Nobody but the kids]] believe her, to the point of being called a heretic. Guided by a [[PsychicDreamsForEveryone recurring dream]] of a blue sun, she wanders even further from the village, where she is attacked by a monster - and rescued by an alien who reveals her the truth about her world, the gods and the blue sun she sees in her dreams. And then...
The animation looks similar to that of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. The film shares it's weak points, too - gaping PlotHoles and UncannyValley moments. To give some credit though, it has a number of breathtaking visuals and unique setting.
!!The movie gives examples of these tropes:
* AllStarCast: For the English version we have Creator/KirstenDunst, Creator/AnjelicaHuston, Creator/KeithDavid, Creator/TaraStrong, [[Film/HarryPotter Richard Harris]], Creator/JohnDiMaggio, and Creator/DwightSchultz.
* BrattyHalfpint: Essy.
* ChainmailBikini: Kaena's clothes of choice. Even the sentient worms that craft her replacement armor are seen examining her crotch piece with much confusion.
* MsFanservice: Kaena.
* GoMadFromTheRevelation: Ilpo, who went mad after a journey to the edge of the Axis.
* HumansAreSpecial: [[spoiler: They're created by Vacanoi]]
* ImportedAlienPhlebotinum: [[spoiler: Vacanoi, the alien computer]]
* InsufferableGenius: Gommy takes a bit too much pride in his intelligence over such a "primitive" lifeform like Kaena.
* ParentalAbandonment: Kaena's parents were killed by a [[strike: earth]]plantquake.
* SentientPhlebotinum: [[spoiler: Vacanoi]]
* WorldTree: The Axis.