Jason David Frank is an American actor/martial artist, whose claim to fame is portraying the original [[SixthRanger Green Ranger]] of the famed ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers''.
In addition to being an actor, Jason owns his own karate schools and started a career in UsefulNotes/MixedMartialArts.
He also holds the [[GuinnessWorldRecords Guinness World Record]] for breaking the most pine boards in a freefall.
[[folder: Notable works he has appeared in: ]]
!!Tropes Associated with Jason David Frank:
* AlliterativeName: His nickname, Fearless Frank.
* TheCastShowoff: Tommy had '''a lot''' of sparring scenes in the early ''Franchise/PowerRangers'' episodes.
* CastTheExpert: Even Jason himself will tell you that he's a martial artist first and an actor second.
* DawsonCasting: Frank was 20 when he first started playing Tommy on ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers''. Not much of a stretch considering the original story had the characters as seniors, but Jason was going on 24 when his character finally graduated.
* DoNotTauntCthulhu: His MMA opponents have a habit of claiming to be the one that will beat the Green Ranger. Jason's record is still undefeated.
* IAmNotSpock: Jason full-on embraces this trope. He'll always be known as the original Green Ranger, occasionally White or Red, and he's completely fine with that. Take one look at his Facebook and you'd think it was a fan page for the character, not the actor.
** He also had suits made for the green and white rangers, to wear at conventions.
** Humorously, a defeated MMA opponent said in a post-match interview, [[CherryTapping "He could have at least morphed before he took me on."]]
* KungFuJesus: His clothing line, Jesus Didn't Tap.
* LongRunnerCastTurnover: Jason was main the reason that this happened during ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo''. He wanted out, so they sent everyone else, but Blake Foster with him. [[note]]Rumor has it that Catherine Sutherland also wanted out, but she has since claimed that she was just surprised as everyone else.[[/note]]
* NoStuntDouble: According to his ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' cast mates: there are the stunt doubles and there is Jason Frank. He also begged to do a rapids stunt in the ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo'' movie to the stunt double's approval. [[note]]His stunt double only did the actual jump. Everything in the water was Jason.[[/note]]
** StuntDouble: After the rapids stunt, he became less eager to do his own high risk stuff, and during his last episode of ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo'', Tommy becomes magically Asian during wide shots of a car explosion.
** TalentDouble: JDF has specifically called out his snowboarding double from ''Series/PowerRangersZeo'', who Jason himself picked, because the double was '''worse''' than he was.
* ThePrankster: Just ask any of his cast mates.
* RealLifeRelative: Jason's son, Jacob was cast in a season two episode of ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers''. Two seasons afterward his late-brother Eric played David, Tommy's brother, in ''Series/PowerRangersZeo''.
* SameCharacterButDifferent: The Black Ranger in ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' was originally called Dr. Edward Payne, just in case they couldn't get Jason back. Not much was actually changed between the switch from Payne to Tommy, which caused some discrepancies.
* SoMyKidsCanWatch: The main reason Jason returned for ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' was because of his daughter (Apparently he also did it because of ratings issues, at least according to WebVideo/HistoryOfPowerRangers).
* SuddenlyEthnicity: After he became Suddenly Native American on ''Franchise/PowerRangers'', and the fact that he actually looks it, Jason pulls off Suddenly '''''Not''''' Native American in real life.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Jason was originally slated to star in ''Series/VRTroopers'', then titled ''Cybertron'', before popularity brought him back to ''Franchise/PowerRangers''.
** One of the producers on ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers'', Jonathan Tzachor, wanted Tommy to die just like his counterpart in ''Series/KyoryuSentaiZyuranger''. He was overruled by his superiors (and presumably Fox Kids broadcast standards and practices)
* WrittenInAbsence: Both times Tommy lost his powers on ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers'', Jason Frank more or less just written out of the show until he was written back in. [[note]]The original intention was for him to be written out. Frank even shot a pilot for another Saban show that would become V.R. troopers. The original plan would have seen Brad Hawkins play a new character as the white ranger. Saban decided to write Frank back in as the white ranger instead and Hawkins ended up doing V.R. Troopers.[[/note]] Then on ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'', Jason had more time off than his cast mates (to work at his karate school), so his character became stuck in his Ranger suit.