Jason David Frank is an American actor/martial artist, whose claim to fame is portraying the original [[SixthRanger Green Ranger]] of the famed ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers''.
In addition to being an actor, Jason owns his own karate schools and started a career in UsefulNotes/MixedMartialArts.
He also holds the [[GuinnessWorldRecords Guinness World Record]] for breaking the most pine boards in a freefall.
[[folder: Notable works he has appeared in: ]]
!!Tropes Associated with Jason David Frank:
* AlliterativeName: His nickname, Fearless Frank.
* TheCastShowoff: Tommy had '''a lot''' of sparring scenes in the early ''Franchise/PowerRangers'' episodes.
* CastTheExpert: Even Jason himself will tell you that he's a martial artist first and an actor second.
* DawsonCasting: Frank was 20 when he first started playing Tommy on ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers''. Not much of a stretch considering the original story had the characters as seniors, but Jason was going on 24 when his character finally graduated.
* DoNotTauntCthulhu: His MMA opponents have a habit of claiming to be the one that will beat the Green Ranger. Jason's record is still undefeated.
* IAmNotSpock: He'll always be known as the original Green Ranger. Occasionally White or Red.
** Humorously, a defeated MMA opponent said in a post-match interview, "He could have at least morphed before he took me on."
* KungFuJesus: His clothing line, Jesus Didn't Tap.
* LongRunnerCastTurnover: Jason was main the reason that this happened during ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo''. He wanted out, so they sent everyone else with him.
* NoStuntDouble: According to his ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' cast mates: there are the stunt doubles and there is Jason Frank. He also begged to do a rapids stunt in the ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo'' movie to the stunt double's approval. [[note]]His stunt double only did the actual jump. Everything in the water was Jason.[[/note]]
** StuntDouble: After the rapids stunt, he became less eager to do his own high risk stuff, and during his last episode of ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo'', Tommy becomes magically Asian during wide shots of a car explosion.
** TalentDouble: JDF has specifically called out his snowboarding double from ''Series/PowerRangersZeo'', who Jason himself picked, because the double was '''worse''' than he was.
* ThePrankster: Just ask any of his cast mates.
* RealLifeRelative: Jason's son, Jacob was cast in a season two episode of ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers''. Two seasons afterward his late-brother Eric played David, Tommy's brother, in ''Series/PowerRangersZeo''.
* SameCharacterButDifferent: The Black Ranger in ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' was originally called Dr. Edward Payne, just in case they couldn't get Jason back. Not much was actually changed between the switch from Payne to Tommy, which caused some discrepancies.
* SoMyKidsCanWatch: The main reason Jason returned for ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' was because of his daughter (Apparently he also did it because of ratings issues, at least according to WebVideo/HistoryOfPowerRangers).
* SuddenlyEthnicity: After he became Suddenly Native American on ''Franchise/PowerRangers'', and the fact that he actually looks it, Jason pulls off Suddenly '''''Not''''' Native American in real life.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Jason was originally slated to star in ''Series/VRTroopers'', then titled ''Cybertron'', before popularity brought him back to ''Franchise/PowerRangers''.
** One of the producers on ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers'', Jonathan Tzachor, wanted Tommy to die just like his counterpart in ''Series/KyoryuSentaiZyuranger''. He was overruled by his superiors (and presumably Fox Kids broadcast standards and practices)
* WrittenInAbsence: Both times Tommy lost his powers on ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers'', Jason Frank more or less just stopped coming to work until he got new ones. Then on ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'', Jason had more time off than his cast mates (to work at his karate school), so his character became stuck in his Ranger suit.