->'''Index:''' Oh come on! Do you not remember the first thing you said to me when we met?
->''Fades to a flashback, Index on the balcony, and TLC's "No Scrubs" playing in the background.''
->'''Touma:''' That's a weird way of worshipping God.
-->-- '''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt09Tp9IKKs Episode 1]]''', ''Index'd: A Certain Magical Abridgement''
Based on the anime show ''LightNovel/ACertainMagicalIndex'', ''Index'd'' is a relatively young AbridgedSeries made by [[http://www.youtube.com/user/Ezekieru Ezekieru]], who is already well-experienced with making ''WebVideo/CodeGeassTheAbridgedSeries''. This series, however, is unorthodox in its method to approach the show, with the abridged version skipping around on the timeline and even creating its own story along the way. To say the least, moments of self-harm, cannibalism, and scientific misinformation plague this adaptation of the show.
All five episodes, and all extras can be found [[http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAC1B8A10B6210D22 here]]. Episode 5 recently came out on February 2nd, and the next is yet to be announced. This adaptation will also be including episodes from the spin-off series, Manga/ACertainScientificRailgun, as well.
!!These works provide examples of:
* AntiMagic: Touma's arm power, describes it as "Science: Glorious psychic-based science." He does the same to Mikoto, but instead as "Anti-Science."
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: [[spoiler:Kuroko's little "moment" in Episode 4.]]
* BigNo: Index at the beginning of Episode 2, upon learning that [[spoiler:Touma left her to die and be eaten by his teacher, Komoe]].
** Stiyl also has one at the end of Episode 1.
* CatchPhrase: While being a new show, it's already got a few:
** "Preheat the oven."
** "What I use is science. Glorious psychic-based (Anti) Science!"
** "Is this [Heaven/Hell]? ...Oh my god it is."
* CloudCuckoolander: Index to a lesser extent, but [[spoiler:Kuroko]] full-out is beginning to be shown to be in her own little world.
* DeadpanSnarker: Everyone has their moments, but Touma and Mikoto shine bright as the best in this field.
* ForgotAboutHisPowers: Touma forgets his arm powers often enough to be an issue, especially in Episode 4.
* FatIdiot: Ezekieru.
* GiftedlyBad: Komoe's singing and Index's self-harm is the key example for the show. Touma's bad luck is also present, but not called out on like in the original.
* HollywoodScience: Despite knowing the real "science" behind the events of the show, Ezekieru instead chooses to use the most simplified explanation in order to save time. There are arguments still happening about whether "three-times the speed of sound" is considered fast by Mikoto's standards.
* ImAHumanitarian: Komoe is suggested to take up this trope at the end of Episode 1, and does so. Beginning of Episode 2 has her explaining the situation to her meal... [[spoiler:Index is not amused]].
** [[spoiler:It seems to be a major running gag in Episode 05]].
* JustAStupidAccent: Stiyl is victim to this, as to what accent... that is up in the air.
* LarynxDissonance: All of the female roles of the show, save for Misaka Mikoto, are all played by dudes. Mikoto would likely have been one as well if not for Nowacking's love for the character.
* OnlySaneMan: Sometimes Touma when dealing with opponents, but Kanzaki also exhibits this factor.
* OurAngelsAreDifferent: The show uses Episode 2 (Episode 3 in the anime)'s manifestation of an angel as a real one... and [[spoiler:proceeds to have it possess Index to stop her from renouncing her religion and heal her wounds]].
* RunningGag: Quite a few already exist.
** Touma running away from an unlucky situation.
** Index's SelfHarm, see below.
** Various' characters being suggested as cannibals.
** Some form of religious ridicule, usually based off of wordplay ("Prayer," "Jesus," "Bible," etc.).
* SelfHarm: This series' Index seems a bit too happy to perform this act; with the exception of Episode 3, Index has been quick to pull the knife onto her on the drop of a hat.
* SoundEffectBleep: The show is mostly uncensored, with the exception of [[PrecisionFStrike 'Fuck']].
* TheStinger: The show loves its stingers, usually having two or more after the ending title card.
* TimeyWimeyBall: While most abridged series usual is 1:1 to the original series, Index'd is all over the place. Episode 1 covered stuff from Index's 1st and 2nd episodes, Index'd 2 covers 3rd and minor things left out in the 1st, and Index'd 3 covers Index 4th and MORE things from the 1st. Finally Index'd 4 covers all of the anime's 5th and 6th episodes.
** Index'd 5 seems to cover all of Deep Blood, from episodes 7-9.