->'''Shenzi:''' Do you know what we do to kings who step out of their kingdom?\\
'''Simba:''' Phuh! You can't do anything to me!\\
'''Zazu:''' ''[nervous chuckle]'' Technically, they can. We are on their land...\\
'''Simba:''' But Zazu! You told me they were nothing but slobbery, mangy, stupid poachers!\\
'''Zazu:''' Ix-nay on the upid-stay...\\
'''Banzai:''' ''Who you callin' upid-stay??''
Idiotic Partner Confession is a situation that begins with Alice keeping a secret from Bob. It could be something she's done, something she's planning, or just something she said earlier that she ''really'' doesn't want to tell Bob. The problem is, Carl is also aware of this secret, and just happens to be a [[TooDumbToLive complete idiot]]. So what does Carl do? He starts talking about it right in front of Bob, if not directly to him, of course!
This will undoubtedly lead to Alice [[BeQuietNudge trying as discreetly as possible to get Carl to shut up]], with Carl [[WhatAnIdiot completely oblivious that he's saying anything remotely wrong]]. This will likely [[DoNotTauntCthulhu piss Bob right off]], and lead to all sorts of trouble for poor Alice.
Bob can be a [[BigBad villain]], [[TheParentTrope some sort of parental figure,]] or anyone else who Alice would have any reason not to be honest with. Carl doesn't necessarily have to be an idiot to do this--just somewhat unaware of Alice's nervousness. Or it could very well be a case of WillNotTellALie.
Different from RightBehindMe, although the tropes might overlap. Compare AccidentalPublicConfession.
[[folder:Films -- Animation]]
** Simba when he questions why Zazu is acting so afraid of the hyenas when he said earlier that they were "slobbery, mangy, stupid poachers". Said hyenas are, of course, right in front of them. Not completely played straight, since Simba isn't so much an idiot as an innocent child, and Zazu teaching him to be [[FantasticRacism racist]] is a bad idea in [[IdiotBall multiple]] [[TookALevelInJerkass ways.]]
** A second example later on, when Mufasa corners the three Hyenas after they tried to kill Simba. Shenzi and Banzai immediately insist that they had no idea Simba is Mufasa's son; then Ed spills the beans.
[[folder:Films -- Live-Action]]
* At the beginning of ''Film/HocusPocus'', the Sanderson sisters are trying to convince the angry mob that they are not witches:
-->'''Winnie:''' Don't get your knickers in a twist! We're just three kindly old spinster ladies.\\
'''Mary:''' Spending a quiet evening at home.\\
'''Sarah:''' Sucking the ''lives'' out of little children!\\
(''Winnie chokes Sarah'')
* In ''Way Out West'', Creator/LaurelAndHardy are tasked with finding the heiress of a gold mine in a Western town. Of course, Ollie would rather keep this a secret as to not attract unsavory types; so what does Stanley do? Reveals the whole thing to a shaddy bartender first thing on their arrival. Ollie naturally [[DopeSlap slaps]] his idiotic partner, but way too late.
* ''Series/OurMissBrooks'' has a non-idiot example in the episode "Blue Goldfish". Unaware that Mr. Conklin had been boasting about his hardiness to the cold, Harriet Conklin reveals her father's spent the entire day sitting on an electric blanket.
%%* [[NoCelebritiesWereHarmed London Tipton]] does this in an episode of ''[[Series/TheSuiteLifeofZackandCody Suite Life on Deck]]''.
* [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060721 This]] ''Webcomic/GirlGenius'' strip. Dimo succeeds at knocking out Oggie before he's entirely spilled the beans, but Zeetha isn't fooled.
* ''WesternAnimation/SpongeBobSquarePants'' does this to poor [[ButtMonkey Squidward]] when they're faced with the Flying Dutchman.
-->'''The Flying Dutchman:''' Who be disturbin' the Flying Dutchman in his own lair???\\
'''[=SpongeBob=]:''' It's Squidward. He wants to complain to you.\\
'''Squidward:''' I-I... No, I... no.\\
'''[=SpongeBob=]:''' [[WhatAnIdiot But what about all that stuff about him having a dirty ship, and being lazy, and all?]]\\
'''Squidward:''' (''laughs nervously'') I never said that...\\
'''The Flying Dutchman:''' Insulting a man's ship is worse than insulting his mother!\\
'''[=SpongeBob=]:''' No wait, maybe it was his mother you said was dirty...
* Sort of an example in ''WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender'', when Aang and Zuko finally meet the firebending masters, who turn out to be the last living dragons.
-->'''Aang:''' Still think we can take them?\\
'''Zuko:''' Ssh! I never said that!
* An episode of ''WesternAnimation/CodenameKidsNextDoor'' Has Sector V trick Count Spankulot into attacking the people and getting incarcerated for it. The Count (and the audience) doesn't find out until Numbuh Three spills the beans. To make matters worse, her teammates try to cover her mouth, but she breaks free so she can continue to blurt it out!
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSUXTFceilo One of two thieves]] standing trial on an episode of ''Series/JudgeJudy'' made one.