A link somewhere on the Internet sent you to this page.
It may refer to one of the following:
* ArtisticLicenseHistory: Inaccuracies in history in general.
* DatedHistory: When a story's elements are pre-empted by historical development.
* DeweyDefeatsTruman: When an event that is ''soon to be'' history gets published and quickly becomes factually incorrect. Can be a source of embarressment for the early worm predicting the news. SuperTrope to TheGreatPoliticsMessUp.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: A scene, joke, or offhand line that was originally meant to be funny or light-hearted but which, due to traumatic events in future episodes of a show or in real life, now makes the viewer cringe when it is seen in reruns.
* TheGreatPoliticsMessUp: The sudden end of the ColdWar pre-empting many ColdWar themed plots.
* HarsherInHindsight: A serious event or plotline where a later event (in the story or real life) comes up and only serves to amplify the effects of the already bitter-tasting effect.
* HilariousInHindsight: When a later event, such as a current event or something that happened in the series, contrives to make something funnier than it originally was.
Please change any link to refer to the correct trope.