A link somewhere on the Internet sent you to this page.
It may refer to one of the following:
* ArtisticLicenseHistory: Inaccuracies in history in general.
* DatedHistory: When a story's elements are pre-empted by historical development.
* DeweyDefeatsTruman: When an event that is ''soon to be'' history gets published and quickly becomes factually incorrect. Can be a source of embarrassment for the early worm predicting the news. SuperTrope to TheGreatPoliticsMessUp.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: A scene, joke, or offhand line that was originally meant to be funny or light-hearted but which, due to traumatic events in future episodes of a show or in real life, now makes the viewer cringe when it is seen in reruns.
* TheGreatPoliticsMessUp: Originally, used to be just the sudden end of the ColdWar pre-empting many ColdWar themed plots set in the then future year of 1991 and beyond. Now it is that, and any unforeseen major political event that occurred in real life but is absent in a work set either during the year the event happened or after.
* HarsherInHindsight: A serious event or plotline where a later event (in the story or real life) comes up and only serves to amplify the effects of the already bitter-tasting effect.
* HilariousInHindsight: When a later event, such as a current event or something that happened in the series, contrives to make something funnier than it originally was.
Please change any link to refer to the correct trope.
I guess Tvtropes marches on too, eh?