A TVLand original sitcom starring Fran Drescher of TheNanny. Based on events in real life, Fran's husband Peter comes out as gay, but due to money issues they still share a house. HilarityEnsues.
The show has been renewed for a second season.
!!The show provides examples of:
* ActorAllusion: When Charles Shaughnessy (Fran's co-star from TheNanny) guest stars, Fran has a crush on him and pictures herself married to him with three kids and a butler.
** Combined with LeaningOnTheFourthWall when Renee Taylor[[note]]who played Fran's mother in TheNanny[[/note]] shows up once:
--> Fran: You're like the mother I never had!
** They even add to this by having Ann Guilbert play the role of Renee's character's mother[[note]]like she did on TheNanny[[/note]].
* AdoredByTheNetwork: It sure as hell ain't adored by viewers.
* AllTheGoodMenAreGay: The show's tagline plays with this:
-->"All the good men are either married or gay. I got both."
* AmicableExes: Essentially the premise of the entire show.
* TheDanza: Fran. Somewhat with Peter, since while he is a real person and they are using his real name, in the show he is played by John Michael Higgins.
* DawsonCasting: Fran Lovett is 46. Fran Drescher is 55. It's a side effect of adapting their real life without adjusting the dates. Both the real life and fictional Fran and Peter were high school sweethearts who were married for roughly 20 years; however, the real Fran and Peter divorced in 1999, 10 years before the show began.
* DepravedBisexual: Charles Shaughnessy, aka Maxwell from TheNanny, guest stars in the Season One finale as a DepravedBisexual who managed to seduce both Fran and Peter (neither of whom realized till the very end) and lure them into his hotel room. Fran tells Peter "He's straight!" Peter tells Fran "He's gay!" Suddenly he announces "He's ''boooth!!''" and invites them both to bed. Fran and Peter turn him down.
* HeyItsThatGuy: In addition to Fran, TheNanny alums also include Charles Shaughnessy for an episode. Series regulars include Ernie from TheGeorgeLopezShow and the mom from EverybodyHatesChris.
** Fran's mother is played by Rita Moreno, and, depending which generation you're from, you either remember her from ''TheElectricCompany,'' ''Film/WestSideStory,'' or ''WhereOnEarthIsCarmenSandiego.''
* IncompatibleOrientation: They didn't learn this until they had been married for about 20 years, but it still happens.
* LifeEmbellished: The show is essentially a [[LighterAndSofter lighter, softer,]] and wackier version of what happened with the real life Fran and Peter. The general premise of Fran and Peter divorcing after Peter came out as gay is real, however, in real life, the revelation left Fran and Peter not speaking to each other, and it was only Fran Drescher's uterine cancer diagnosis that led them to reconcile.
* ObliviousToLove: Peter can be ''really'' clueless when a guy makes a pass at him.