'''''Feed The Kitty''''' is a [[TheGoldenAgeOfAnimation 1952]] [[WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes Merrie Melodies]] short, No. 36 on The50GreatestCartoons list and one of ChuckJones' most beloved shorts. "Feed the Kitty" centers on the bulldog Marc Anthony as he encounters a cute little kitten (officially named "Pussyfoot") who is unfazed by Marc's attempts to scare her, and in fact takes a liking to Marc as she naps on the dog's back. Marc Anthony takes the kitten home with him, but also tries to hide Pussyfoot from his owner, who is fed up with him bringing junk home.
Naturally, it has earned a spot on ''The100GreatestLooneyTunes'' list, and is considered a masterpiece in facial acting in animation.
Not to be confused with PetTheDog.
!!This cartoon provides examples of:
* AngryGuardDog: Marc Anthony tries to represent this in their first meeting. [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold It fails miserably]].
* BadlyBatteredBabysitter: Poor Marc Anthony.
* BigFriendlyDog: It's no good denying it, Marc Anthony.
* BullyBulldog: Marc Anthony turns out to be a subversion.
* ByTheLightsOfTheirEyes: The first thing we see is Pussyfoot's eyes inside a can.
* CatsAreMean: Averted. Pussyfoot does get Marc Anthony in trouble but s/he doesn't seem to do it on purpose.
* CutenessProximity: Marc Anthony positively '''melts''' when Pussyfoot acts cute.
* CuteKitten: Invoked with Pussyfoot's design. The artists wanted to make Pussyfoot as cute as possible.
* EekAMouse: The mistress of the house reacts this way when mistaking Pussyfoot for a mouse, after Marc Anthony covered Pussyfoot up with a bowl and Pussyfoot walked away.
* TheFaceless: The lady of the house is only seen from the chest down. She wears pantyhose and high heels when vacuuming the carpet.
* FakeRabies: Marc Anthony pretends to be rabid to scare off his owner in order to save Pussyfoot, but she just scolds him for wasting her whipped cream.
* GentleGiant: Marc Anthony.
* KickTheDog: Unintentionally done by Marc Anthony's owner when she hands him a cat-shaped cookie.
* KindHeartedCatLover: Marc Antony again!!
* [[LickedByTheDog Licked By The Cat]]
* LittleGuyBigBuddy: the trope even used to be named "Marc Anthony And Pussyfoot".
* PapaWolf: Marc Anthony's role to Pussyfoot, played up in "Feline Frame-Up" and "Cat Feud." In both cartoons, Claude Cat is the antagonist: In "Feline Frame-Up," he plays the role of jealous house cat who schemes to get rid of Marc Anthony so he can easily do away with Pussyfoot. "Cat Feud" saw a scraggly looking "Claude" harass Pussyfoot (who in this cartoon has been thrown in a sack and left for dead at a construction site), and Marc Anthony stop the bully cat at every turn.
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter: Pussyfoot.
** Especially when we see his/her face in a measuring eye.
* SweetDreamsFuel: This cartoon will ensure many sweet dreams.
* WhatMeasureIsANonCute: Odd because Marc Anthony is a dog making these distinctions, but when the mouse kisses him it provokes a very different reaction than when [[ImTakingHimHomeWithMe Pussyfoot]] licks him earlier.
* WindUpKey: Marc Anthony takes a key off of a toy car and pretends to wind up Pussyfoot with it to fool his owner that the cat is a toy. He succeeds, and Pussyfoot then gets himself into the before-mentioned toy car, minus key. Marc Anthony finds it cute, until Pussyfoot manages to get the toy car working and starts driving erratically, possibly because of the [[NiceJobBreakingItHero before-mentioned removal of the key]].