%% Image selected per Image Pickin' thread: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=1377116713003672700
%% Please do not replace or remove without starting a new thread.
[[caption-width-right:236:My shield says "Nyahhh!" to you, sir!]]
[[LuckilyMyShieldWillProtectMe Shields]] can have some amazing and intricate designs on them. In particular, those resembling faces. Probably for intimidation.
[[IThoughtItMeant No, this isn't about masks.]] Compare with RageHelm.
* In the ''Literature/LoneWolf'' books, this is a common feature of the illustrations by Gary Chalk. ''The Magnamund Companion'' has some notable examples too.
** The occasional Megazord uses a component mecha's head as a shield, including the Mastodon in season 1 of ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers'' and Elephant in ''Series/PowerRangersWildForce''. The Thundersaurus Megazord in ''Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder'' ''could'' use its Triceratops head as a shield, but rarely did so.
** Also in ''Dino Thunder'', the Blue and Triassic Rangers' personal weapons are shields shaped like ceratopsian heads (Triceratops for Blue, Styracosaurus for Triassic).
[[folder:Myths & Religion]]
* Myth/ClassicalMythology: [[LadyOfWar Athena]]'s shield has Medusa's head on it. Not a design, Medusa's ''actual [[OffWithHisHead severed head.]]''
** In the first edition ''Monster Manual'', an illustration for the kobold has a fighter with a giant ant's head on his shield.
** Third edition has a Lion's Head Shield.
** Some of the dwarven lord units feature dwarven heads carved into their shields.
** Several of the shields for Chaos Knights and Chaos Warriors also feature daemonic faces. Valkia the Bloody has a shield with an [[UpToEleven actual daemon's]] [[OffWithHisHead head]] bound to it.
* The Mirror Shield in ''VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaMajorasMask''.
* Very prominent in ''VideoGame/WorldOfWarcraft'' -- just to show three examples: [[http://www.wowhead.com/item=45877 Humanoid]], [[http://www.wowhead.com/item=2916 Lion]], [[http://www.wowhead.com/item=1168 Skeletor]].
* One item in ''VideoGame/WarcraftIII'' is the Frost Wyrm Skull Shield -- an undead dragon's skull with handles on it.
* In the ''Franchise/FinalFantasy'' series, there is the Aegis shield, a shield that brings terror to all who behold it, and contains a demon within. Said demon's face is on the shield.
* The ''VideoGame/DragonQuest'' series has numerous examples.
** The Boss Shield and Tempest Shield have standard intimidating faces.
** The Slime Shield bears the face of everyone's favorite MascotMook.
** The Harmour/Evil Armor enemy class has a skull face shield
** The Shielder enemies have shields bigger than their bodies with living faces.
* In ''VideoGame/TheElderScrollsIIIMorrowind'', both varieties of Daedric shields have some pretty angry looking faces carved into them.
* The Defender Heartless in ''Franchise/KingdomHearts'' possesses a shield with a living, giant dog's head growing out of it. And it RandomlyDrops as one of Goofy's stronger shields.
* One of the ''VideoGame/DragonAgeII'' pre-order items was the Lion of Orlais shield which had the face of a... well, guess.
* Arcane Shield from ''VideoGame/ArcanumOfSteamworksAndMagickObscura'' is a wooden shield with a skull face "surfacing" from it.
* ''VideoGame/GuildWars'' has several -- the [[http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ascalon_Aegis.jpg Ascalon Aegis]] (and it's variants), the [[http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Guardian_of_the_Hunt.jpg Guardian of the Hunt]], and most prominently, the [[http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Gingerbread_Shield.jpg Gingerbread Shield]] are just three such examples.
* The logo of the Knights of Good on ''WebVideo/TheGuild'' has a shield with a smiley emoticon.
* The paladin from the ''WesternAnimation/DungeonsAndDragons'' cartoon series has a pegasus on it.
* Monkian from ''WesternAnimation/ThunderCats'' has a shield with a face that shoots cannonballs.