-> ''"[[BecauseDestinySaysSo Destiny brought together]] a group of [[RagtagBunchOfMisfits unlikely heroes]] who became intermingled in a plot by a [[StupidEvil dubious villain]] with no real goal other than [[ForTheEvulz villainy itself]]."''\\
--The DungeonMaster C.J. [[LampshadeHanging summarizing]] the first adventure
DungeonsAndDrogans is a group of gamers who record their intrepid and often humorous adventures in DungeonsAndDragons. The group started over a year ago with the official module: Keep on the Shadowfell and finished its sequel, the Thunderspire Labyrinth adventure. The series has gradually improved in quality and grown to include several players.
''The players and their characters are as follows:''
* Thomas - Jacques the wizard [[spoiler:(retired)]]
* Nick - Coltaine the warlord [[spoiler:(living) ]]
* Dave - Rekoj the warden [[spoiler:(deceased)]] and Rhekd the cleric [[spoiler:(living) ]]
* Stephen - Autumn the rogue [[spoiler:(deceased)]] Morgan the paladin [[spoiler:(deceased)]]
* John - Zacsarrd the cleric [[spoiler:(deceased)]] [[SuspiciouslySimilarSubstitute Zaxzarrd the cleric]] (brother of Zacsarrd)[[spoiler:(deceased)]] Zook the druid [[spoiler:(deceased)]] Sorrow the wizard [[spoiler:(living)]]
* Doug - Win'Tyr the ranger [[spoiler:(living) ]]
The videos can be watched at the Youtube channel [[http://www.youtube.com/user/Rhykker here]].
!! ''Dungeons and Drogans'' contains the following tropes:
* AdaptationalWimp: It could just be Jacques' incompetence, but in 3rd edition, magic missiles would always hit unless the opponent had some form of spell resistance. In the first battle, he is virtually unable to hit anything, due to consistent low rolling.
-->CJ: And Thomas here managed to consistently roll less than 10 on his d20, making Jacques appear to be the least effective wizard in history.
-->Nick: Never before have I seen so many magic missiles miss.
-->Dave: He hit lots of rocks and stuff, though, so I guess he was distracting the enemy.
-->Nick: That's true, actually, he did manage to scare one of the creatures.
-->Thomas: That's right! I did hit one magic missile, so I'm not completely useless. [[ComicallyMissingthePoint Ha-ha!]]
-->Nick: That's true, it's like 1 out of 7. Not bad.
* AnAxeToGrind: Rekoj wielded a battleaxe and Coltaine carries a halberd
* AnyoneCanDie: Coltaine is the only surviving member of the original party.
** [[PutOnABus Except for Jacques,]] but he's considered senile.
* AxeCrazy: Rekoj, to the point where he quite literally stomped several kobolds to a pulp
* BreakingTheFourthWall: They can't go five minutes without accidental metagaming
-->Coltaine: Coltaine rushes here, 1-2-3-4-5, south of the [[spoiler:second [[HenchmenRace kobold]]- ]]Sorry, did I just give it a name?
-->C.J.: *chuckling* Yeah, you did.
-->Coltaine: Oh. Um, the scaled lizard creature that I have never encountered before, that's possibly a [[spoiler:kobold]]- but I don't know what a [[spoiler:kobold]] is. You know.
* CloudCuckooLander: Jacques. So very much Jacques
-->Jacques: I want to use a spell on the pitcher of ale.
-->C.J.: Let me guess, prestiditgation?
-->Jacques: You betcha! It's going to be [[LargeHam BOILING HOT!]]
* CruelAndUnusualDeath: Zook being drowned and battered to death by the cherub statue trap
* DeadpanSnarker: Coltaine
-->Coltaine: "Oh, I've a great idea, let's throw his body into the sort of magical circle and see if he turns into some kind of undead abomination."
-->Rekoj: "That's actually a good idea."
-->Coltaine: "It's a terrible idea."
** Thomas tries this on Dave, to little avail
-->Dave: 20 STRENGTH!
-->Thomas: So you must have negative 20 intellect?
-->Dave: Are you kidding me? My character sheet says 10 intelligence.
-->Thomas: So you're average.
-->Dave: Damn straight I am.
-->Thomas: Sucks to be you! I mean-
-->Jacques: Lets see here then... El suckyo beyo you-ee-yo!
-->Dave: Alright, so Rekoj is getting bored of stomping this creature...
* ElaborateUndergroundBase: Shadowfell Keep and Thunderspire Labyrinth
* FiveManBand: They're a fairly well-rounded group.
** [[TheLeader The Leader]]: Coltaine, [[OnlySaneMan for all the good it does.]]
** [[TheLancer The Lancer]]: Win'tyr, although Rekoj in the earlier episodes counts
** [[TheSmartGuy The Smart Guy]]: Jacques [[CloudCuckooLander (Sorta)]]
** [[TheBigGuy The Big Guy]]: Rekoj
** [[SixthRanger Sixth Ranger]]: Autumn, Rhekd, Morgan, Zacsarrd, Zaxzarrd, Zook, Sorrow, and Wintyr all qualify, given the [[AnyoneCanDie nature of the campaign.]]
* FunnyBackgroundEvent: When Rhekd and Coltaine are going over the plans, Win'Tyr begins to attack their hostage.
* GeniusDitz: Coltaine, at times
** Coltaine can never remember the name of the innkeep, Salvana
* KillItWithFire: Sorrow's preferred method
* KnightInSourArmor: Coltaine and Win'Tyr
* LoveableRogue: Splug and Rusk
* MadeOfIron: Rekoj
-->C.J.: The reptile that Rekoj attacked swings back, retailiates with a short sword. Rekoj takes seven [[HitPoints points]] of damage.
-->Rekoj.: Bah! [[MontyPythonandtheHolyGrail Tis but a flesh wound.]]
* OnlySaneMan: Coltaine, especially in the earlier sessions
* PaletteSwap: To differentiate [[spoiler:the kobolds]] with different powers from each other.
-->C.J.: This one seems smaller; its' scales a little darker.
* SuicidalOverconfidence: Zacsarrd and his brother both had a penchant for charging while wearing cloth armor
* TemptingFate: The way the Drogans buried Zaxzarrd
-->Coltaine: So you want to bury him underneath some magic circle they used to reanimate corpses?
* TitleDrop: In the first session
--> Rekoj: Let's call ourselves 'The Drogans'
--> Coltaine: Where'd you get that idea?
--> Rekoj: I don't know. But it sounds cool. [[BreakingtheFourthWall Just like my 20 strength.]]
** Rekoj also tries to put his name into his game. His reaction to getting blood all over his legs from stomping on the [[spoiler: kobold]] corpses:
-->Rekoj: Awesome! I create Rekojes (Wreckages)
-->Nick: He's so clever.
* VitriolicBestBuds: The Drogans are this with each other, and tend towards this outside of combat.
** Coltaine and Win'tyr are this in particular. [[spoiler: See "You Killed My Cousin" below.]]
* WhyDontYouJustShootHim?: Defeat means capture, not death, for the Drogans
** Subverted somewhat with Drogans killed in battle before the villains offer surrender.
* YouAllMeetInAnInn: How the Drogans form
* [[YouKilledMyFather You Killed My Cousin]]: [[spoiler:Win'tyr,]] to Coltaine
** [[spoiler:Although Win'tyr's character has been convinced that it might not have been his cousin Ninaran]] that the Drogans killed